𝟎𝟎𝟏 - 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 collapse on itself, Stella would worry about stuff like school, boys, friends, status, the future, and her appearance- stuff that now sounded absurd.

Now, after the fall as Stella came to call the end of the world, surviving and protecting her family were the only things that occupied her mind.

At first, Stella thought that she and her family were the only survivors in the world- or what was left of it. But as people began to join their group, Stella began to think that there was hope for a new world. Building societies and communities.
But after the news about her father, her whole world fell apart, and the little hope that she had felt, how tiny it was, disappeared.

Stella stared at the boy as he stepped out of the forest, with his arms in the air. He looked like he was around Stella's age. His clothes were dirty and his blue shirt was stained with blood. His face wore the same stains as his clothes, except the sun that illuminated his face revealed tracks from tears. Big bags under his brown eyes revealed that he- like everyone else in the apocalypse- had spent many nights without any sleep. His brown, short hair was messy and sweaty. The boy was wearing fingerless- gloves and the only weapon he seemed to be carrying was a small knife, which rested in his brown, leather holster.

In the corner of her eye, Stella saw Dale lower his aim from the boy and let out a loud, relieved sigh, like he had expected to see a 10-foot-tall monster.

But Shane's gun was still steadily aimed at the unknown boy in front of him.
"Step back!" He yelled at the obviously scared boy. "What do you want?!"

"Shane!" Stella's mother took a sharp step towards the man and gave him a quick look- telling him to calm down. "He's just a boy." She lowered her voice to a soft whisper. "I'm sorry sweetheart, come here. Let me get you cleaned up."

She talked to him like he was a child, something that would get Stella furious. She hated when people treated her like a child.

"Lori!" Shane protested. "We don't know him. Hand over your weapons, son." Shane reached out his hand for the boy- who still hadn't said a word, to place his knife and a gun that he pulled out from under his stained shirt.

"Stella," her mother placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder and met her gaze. "Take Carl into the tent and go to sleep."

"But.. I.." Stella wanted to stay and see what was happening to the boy but knew that there was nothing she could say to change her mother's stubborn mind. The girl sighed before grabbing her younger brother's hand and started leading him to the tent.
Before leaving she glanced back at the boy, meeting his brown eyes.