𝟏𝟖-𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐲

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐌. The five of them emerged from the car and began to move forward.

"Where's Mom? You said she'd be here."  Carl said turning to his father. They stopped in front of the yellow car. The hood was filled with old food and cans. On the front window, dust had collected and the words Sophia stay here we were the only words she could perceive. Carol must have written them after Sophia's disappearance.

"We've got to go back for her." Carl panicked.

"Carl..." Stella began.

"No! Why are we running? What are you doing?" Carl raised his voice. "It's...it's mom. We need to get her and not be safe a mile away."

"Shh. We need to be quiet, all right?" Rick placed a hand on his son's shoulder as he kneeled down to his height.

"Please... it's mom." Carl pleaded. Her father took a deep breath and sighed as his gaze fell to the ground before looking back up at Carl.

"Look, Carl, listen..." Rick began but couldn't finish his sentence before Carl stormed off and disappeared between some cars.

"Carl..." Stella said as the boy passed her. "I got it." The blonde told her father before following the boy.
"You okay?" Stella asked Ellie as she passed her, earning a quick nod. But Stella could tell that she was lying. The Grimes girl squeezed her arm before walking over to Carl. She sat down next to her brother on the hood of one of the cars.

"Hey," Stella sighed. "You know, Dad just wants to protect us."

"Who's protecting Mom?" Carl asked without meeting her gaze.

"Carl don't..." Stella sighed. "Mom is strong. She can protect herself."

"I have to go back... I...." Carl sniffled. "I have to at least know. I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering if she's alive or not!"

"Oh, baby, I know. I want to know as well but right now we've got to stick together." Stella tried to make eye contact with Carl.

The familiar sound of a walker groaning nearby caught the sibling's attention and they swiftly rushed behind the car they had been sitting on. Stella gestured for Hershel, Ellie, and Rick to duck and they hid behind another car. The walker slowly limped past the car as Stella tried to see its face, praying it wasn't a familiar one. Once it had passed the car, Stella snuck behind it. She heard her father whispering for her to stop but she ignored him. She had to know.

She grabbed hold of her knife before shoving the walker to the ground with a thud. The walker had been dead for a long time. It used to be an old man. Stella sighed in relief before jabbing her knife into the walker's skull.