𝟎𝟎𝟖-𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

"𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐓." Hershel said to Rick and Lori who stood in each other's arms, staring at their boy. "And with the swelling in his abdomen, we can't wait any longer or he's just going to slip away."

Stella's face crumpled and she shook her head at the thought of Carl dying. He can't die. Not here, not now. Her baby brother. She knew that she wouldn't be able to go through that. These thoughts felt like needles jabbing at Stella's skin.

Weirdly enough, a realization hit her. The comic book. The ones she found in the car. She never got the chance to give them to him. She had to give them to him. A plaintive cry escaped her lips.

"Now I need to know right now if you want me to do this because I think your boy is out of time," Hershel warned. "You have to make a choice."

"A choice?" Lori's voice broke.
"A choice," Rick said turning to his wife, staring at her with his swollen, red eyes. "You tell me what it is."

Lori placed her hand on the side of his face. "We do it."

The doctor began cleaning up around the boy, calling in his family members to help, and got prepared for what he was going to do. They all put on gloves and grabbed surgical supplies.

"Rick, Lori, Stella, you may want to step out."

The Grimes girl stared at her little brother. He looked so small, smaller than usual. His skin was pale and prickled.

In the corner of her eye, Stella saw a bright light from outside, the headlights of a truck. They were back. She immediately rushed outside as the truck parked in front of them. The car door opened and Shane hurried out. He limped his way over the gravel driveway.

"Carl?" He asked.

"There's still a chance," Rick replied.
Shane handed the supplies to the doctor.
"Otis?" He asked.

Shane stared at them with wide eyes before he shook his head.
The Greene family stared in silent grief as tears formed in their eyes. He died. Sacrificed himself for Carl.

The doctor, along with his family, hurried inside leaving Shane with the Grimes family. Shane stared at them blankly, his mouth moving but forming no words. Like they were strangled in his throat. Rick pulled his friend into his embrace as they both shared a heavy weight of worry and grief.