𝟎𝟎𝟔 - 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃, blow up into a million pieces. But it had been replaced with a new dream, a new hope. They had a goal- to get to Fort Benning.

Stella really hoped and believed that there would be a cure. She believed that things were going to go back to normal, or at least better. She believed in a future where people lived in communities and started living instead of just surviving. Now, she didn't know what she believed anymore.

The blond grime girl sat in the back of her father's car along with Carl, Sophia, and Carol. Stella noticed a bright and big smile, plastered on her mother's face. Something that was rather unusual.
Her mother turned around and smiled at her children.

"What?" Stella couldn't help but smile at the sight of her mother being happy, she hadn't been smiling much since the thing with Shane. Neither had Stella.

"Just thinking about our trip to the Grand Canyon." She replied.

Their father laughed at the memory.

"I don't remember that," Carl spoke.
Stella didn't either.

"No, you wouldn't. You were just a baby. And Stella, you had just turned three." Their mother explained. "Besides, we never made it past Fort Worth."

"No, Carl you got sick. I never knew a baby could throw up so much. And Stella, you got some on your favorite stuffed animal so we had to throw it away. You cried for hours." Rick met Lori's eyes and smiled.

"Ick," Carl said.

"Yeah, ick." Their mother laughed. "The doctor in Texas said you'd live. So we bought Stella a new stuffed animal and then we turned around and drove home."

"That sucks," Carl said.

"No, it was a good trip."

"The best." Rick smiled.

Even though Stella didn't remember the trip, she missed it. With all her heart, she missed it. Not just that trip, but life and what it used to look like. She missed smiling and laughing. She missed not having to constantly worry and fear what could be hiding behind every corner.

"Can we go see it? The Grand Canyon?" Carl asked. "I'd like to."

"I would too," Sophia said. "Can we go?"

"We'd never go without you and your mom." Rick smiled at the girl, who smiled back.

"That's a promise." Stella took Sophia's hand and let her thumb stroke her skin.

"Could Levi come too?" The young Pelletier girl asked.

"Of course!" Stella replied. "We'd never leave without him."