𝟐𝟑 - 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐

                          .・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍. Sweat was dripping from the sides of her face from the previous struggle and her skin had gone pale. Stella hated seeing her mother like this, in pain. Stella dropped to her knees next to her, held her hand tight, and smiled at her weakly. Lori's eyes were almost closed, almost like she was falling asleep. "Mom? Mom. Look at me okay! Keep your eyes open." Stella pleaded and she felt a burning sensation in her chest.

"We have to get you back to Dad," Maggie said.

"I'm not gonna make it," Lori whispered.

"Mom.." Hot tears swelled behind Stella's eyes as she shook her head.

"Lori, with all this blood, I don't even think you're fully dilated." Maggie's voice shook with panic. "No amount of pushing is gonna help."

"What do you mean? What... There's nothing you can do?" Stella's lip trembled as she spoke. She tried to hold her emotions away to not scare her mother or brother but with every breath she drew it felt like her throat shut.

"I know what it means and I'm not losing my baby," Lori said. "You've got to cut me open."

"Wha-" Stella choked back a sob. "Mom no! There's no way. Mom, there's got to be another way. Look, we can carry you to Hershel and..."

"Stella, I won't make the trip." Lori cut her off.

Tears pooled in her eyes as she shook her head. She bit her lip to not sob and she felt her chest constrict. She drew unsteady breaths, trying to hold her tears back.

"Lori, I can't." Maggie shook her head and stared at the woman in deep seriousness.

"You don't have a choice," Lori stated.

"Mom, we can figure this out. I'll go look for help." Stella grabbed her gun from inside her shirt and stood up.

"No!" Lori stopped her immediately.

"I'll go with you," Carl said as he joined her in a stance.

"No! Both of you, sit down!" Lori shouted.

"No, mom! I'm not losing you! I'm leaving here with both you and the baby!" The tears in Stella's eyes threatened to spill as the words spewed from her mouth. "Please.."