𝟐𝟒 - 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

Stella felt like she was standing in the ruins of the world that had collapsed in front of her. The world around her was dull and had lost all its color, replaced with a canvas of grey and shadow, leaving her whole body to ache with emptiness. Her mind was spinning and her body was still shaking from the previous events. She had no idea how long ago it happened, if it was night or day, or how much time she had spent alone in her cell, staring at the name that was carved into the top bunk.

Lori Grimes. Lori Grimes. Lori Grimes. She read it over and over again.

She felt numb. She didn't want to move, she didn't want to talk, she didn't want to eat, she didn't want to sleep, fearing that she would be brought back to that room to witness it all again. She just wanted to stay in her dark cell and rot away. She just wanted to be forgotten, a memory. She felt empty, devoid of any warmth or life inside.
There was still no sign of Ellie, leaving Stella alone in their previously shared cell. Stella wanted to feel something for Ellie's possible death but her heart had become a barren wasteland, withered and desolate, devoid of any hint of vitality. Ellie was the closest thing she had to a best friend and now she was gone. Stella wanted nothing more than to feel something. To cry. But as much as she tried, nothing came. Her eyes felt like two dry and lifeless spots on her face.

She felt like the smallest thing in the biggest world. She felt hopeless and useless. After they had announced her mother's death, Rick had fled back into the prison tombs and hadn't been seen since. Stella wanted to feel worried. She wanted to feel the need to run into the prison and not stop until she had found her dad. But she remained lying completely still, curled up in her bed.

She wanted to hold her baby sibling. She had found out that it was a girl. A girl who had to grow up without her mother. Never feeling the warmth of her mother's love and the comfort of her mother's arms. Stella made herself promise to give her all those things. She was the closest that, that baby would have to a mom and she'd protect her with her life.

But right now, she couldn't even be there with her baby sister because she was weak. She hid away instead of doing what she had promised her mother - to always look out for her family.

Beth had brought her food, placing it on the floor next to Stella's bed in silence. When the Greene girl returned to bring her plate down, the food had remained untouched.
Levi had stopped by multiple times, trying to talk to the girl but was met with nothing. Carl wanted to bring her baby sister to her but Stella couldn't bear to look her in the eyes. She knew that the baby didn't understand but she still didn't want to show herself this vulnerable, even though it was just a baby.

Stella laid with her gaze plastered on the bottom of the top bunk. She had no sense of time but the silent cellblock outside made her believe it was night.

Suddenly a shadow appeared in the doorway but Stella didn't pay much attention to it, assuming it was just someone who came to check up on her. But as the shadow didn't move Stella rolled over to tell whoever it was to leave. Just as she did the person hurried into the dark cell and disappeared in the shadows but Stella managed to catch a glimpse of the figure. Whoever it was wore a long white dress that dragged over the floor as they walked. Stella shot up and stared into the dark corner as her eyes tried to adjust to the darkness.