𝟎𝟎𝟓-𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨?

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

Stella Grimes sat round the round table, with her book in her hand, deeply devoted to the story of Katniss Everdeen, enjoying the first real breakfast that didn't consist of squirrels or canned beans. The scrambled eggs and the beacon used to be a simple breakfast, but now it was like heaven.

Most of the adults were hungover or feeling so bad they were still in their rooms. Most hungover was Glenn. He hadn't touched his food yet. He sat leaned over the table with his face in his hands. Every now and then, groans would escape from his mouth. Levi was eating his third portion of T-dog's eggs, going for a fourth.

"𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆." Rick said as he entered the room.

"Are you hungover?" Carl grinned. "Mom said you'd be."

"Mom's right." Rick smiled as he sat down next to Stella, who didn't lift her attention from the book for one second.

"Mom's got that annoying habit." Lori joked.
Every time Stella looked at her mother, she was reminded of the night before. She wanted nothing more than to save her mother from the cruel things that happened.

"Eggs. Powdered but I do 'em good." T-dog said filling Levi's plate with scrambled eggs.

"Hell yeah, he does." Levi cheered.

"Protein helps the hangover." T-dog poured even more eggs on top of Glenn's already untouched food.

"Where'd all this come from?" Rick asked, lifting a bottle of white pills.

"Jenner," Lori answered.

"Could you help me, please?"

"He thought we could use it." She replied, opening the small bottle.

"Yeah, some of us at least." Stella tore her gaze from the book and giggled at her own statement.

But Glenn didn't seem to find the joke as funny as Stella did. "Don't ever, ever let me drink again." he groaned.

"Hey," Shane shouted. Stella's grip on her fork hardened and her knuckles whitened. She sighed as she saw his face and gazed quickly at her mother, who stared down at her plate.

"Hey, feel as bad as I do?" Rick asked.
It felt weird seeing how he joked with the man who'd done such terrible things to his wife the night before. It felt even worse knowing that he didn't even know.

"Worse," Shane replied without any sort of humor in his tone.

"What the hell happened to you? Your neck?" T-dog asked.

Red scratches trailed down his neck- fresh. Stella's jaw clenched, realizing who'd done it. She felt awful not being able to tell her father about what happened last night. Her father currently looked to Shane as his best friend who saved his family. Nothing else.