𝟐𝟓 - 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐋. She hadn't spoken to Levi since, despite his many tries to talk to her. He would be the first one in her cell when she woke up screaming from a nightmare, but she refused to talk to him even then. The nightmares kept plaguing her nights leaving her in a long-lasting fear of falling back asleep. The girl's mind felt clouded, thoughts and memories swimming in a hazy fog caused by the lack of sleep.

Beth was the only one Stella would talk to. Mainly because the Greene girl was stubborn enough to not leave Stella's side even when Stella told her to go. But also because they both shared the grief of a family member's recent death. No one knew what happened to Ellie, but after three days of searching through the tombs without any luck, they assumed she died.

"You need to eat," Beth said. "You haven't eaten in days."

Stella looked up at the girl who stood in her doorway. Beth held the newborn in her arms as she sat down on a chair in Stella's cell. About an hour ago, Beth brought a bowl of what looked like oatmeal, only dryer and with a smell of old milk. The Grimes girl hadn't bothered to even touch it. Eating was the last thing on her mind.

"She's got Lori's eyes." Beth smiled as she stared at the little girl in her arms making Stella scoff. "She does. I swear."

"Do you wanna hold her?" Beth asked earning no response. The baby was several days old and had been held by everyone except for her older sister. Stella didn't hate or blame her for what happened. Without even holding her she loved her with all her heart, she just couldn't show it. She wasn't strong enough to look at the life that replaced her mother's.

"Stella," Beth repeated.

"Beth, I-" Stella sighed.

"You're her older sister. You should be the one holding her. Not me."

Stella stared at the blonde for a moment before swallowing hard. An accomplished smile spread across Beth's face before she walked over to Stella. She gently placed the young girl in Stella's arms.

The weight of her small body felt like a lost piece from a puzzle that had been found. She couldn't explain it. She was shocked by the amount of love she already had for this child.

The little girl was beautiful. She had beautiful dark, mossy green eyes which stared back at hers. She was perfect.

For a moment, time stopped and everything around them faded. The comfort she felt from this child. This child that was gonna grow up without her mother. At that moment, Stella promised herself to fill that void of not having a mom. To always protect this child, no matter what. To choose her happiness over her own.