Prologue

»»---- ❄️ ----««

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐍𝐨. 𝟐: 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐋𝐆𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

𝓑𝔂 𝓐𝓵𝓹𝓱𝓪 𝓦𝓸𝓵𝓯

🌻 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓: 𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟐𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑🌻

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

~Tell me what it's like to be genuinely loved.~

Her hair is blowing in the chilly breeze as she sits alone beneath the apogee of the night. Even just gazing at her side profile makes my heart start to dance—not to the rhythm of the waves crashing on the shore, but to the sorrow that seems to be suffocating my serenity.

She's not the same person I knew before. Like the transition between day and night, she had changed in demeanor, attitude, and how she treated me. Her beauty, nonetheless, emanates from within and beyond this place.

Under this hue of the midnight sky, I found asylum.

~Just how easy is it to ignore and hurt the feelings of someone who just loves you one-sidedly?~

I gently stand up, heading toward an endless sea of regrets, to the place that made me feel neutral, the place that made me feel amazing, and the place that is no longer mine.

She felt my presence right away as if she had a special sixth sense made only for me. The once-comforting smile of summer has become icy and unwelcome. Her cheerful demeanor changed to a menaced coldness. Kasalanan ko.

I took a seat next to her, hugged my knees, and started to look at the moon, which she had been admiring for a while. Although I'm not sure when she started obsessing over night lights, I was aware that she loved the splendor of the starry night sky. I am her moon, she claimed, or once.

She stood up, took off her blazer, put it on my shoulder, and then sat down next to me on the sand.

I bit my lower lip, thinking

Hindi kita kayang tignan pero mas hindi ko kayang tanggapin ang mga ngiti mong pagod na sa akin.

~How does it feel to break someone's heart just because yours was rejected by another?~

All she did was love me, and all I gave her was heartbreak and rejection.

"I'm Sor..."

"Every day is painful. I'm tired of this never-ending suffering, but I'm unable to free myself from these drowsy pleasures that hide in the corners of my mind...Ang sakit mong mahalin"

She's breathless, helpless, and lonely. Her voice conveys anguish; a deep, calm, yet needy but weak tone resonated from her lips to the back of my ears.

"I find it difficult to get over loving someone I can never unlove."

She's tired; no, she's exhausted, almost lifeless. Her eyes were abandoned by her emotions. Right now, she looks so lost.

"I'm.." I can't say it again, she's too tired with all my apologies. The kind of apologies she hates the most, the ones that make her anxious, and the ones that now insinuate rejection.

"I still love you, but I've decided to do it quietly so that I won't have to listen to your apology. To your rejections" A disappointed sigh, deep breath, and a deafening serene followed.

I sniffled my breath while holding back my collapsing rationality, trying to calm my rippling emotions.

"I'm happy to merely support you by standing behind you. Wala akong karapatan na tumayo sa harap mo para ipaglaban ka pa. Dahil iba ang tao ang pupuna nun...hindi ako, di'ba?"

Everything she says continues to pierce my damaged heart.

~When does the process of realization begin?~

Her arctic affirmations froze my heart, my internal system ceased to function, and my breathing became painful and agonizing.

I broke her heart after watching her fall in love with me, and now I am witnessing her hesitantly moving away from me.

When did this begin? When did I start to notice her? Slowly, for fear of losing sight of her one day.

~What does it feel like to realize you love someone but it's too late because you've already lost that person?~

I eventually realized.

Ahh

Right.

By the time she surrendered.

I had fallen in love with her.

~It hurts~

»»---- ❄️ ----««