44: ANGER ICEBERG

'The Anger Iceberg Theory is a metaphorical model used to explain the complex nature of anger and its underlying causes. The theory suggests that, like an iceberg, the visible part of anger (the tip of the iceberg) is only a small portion of the total anger experience. The majority of the anger (the larger, hidden part) lies beneath the surface and is not immediately apparent to others.'

This Chapter is dedicated to  @rin_alegre for always being an early bird. 

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

HERA AVERY POINT OF VIEW

May isa akong obligation bilang isang kapatid, and that is to ensure Athena's safety at all times.

But unfortunately, I failed miserably.

The rush of adrenaline courses through my veins like a million charged bolts. I usually put on a tough front, but the moment I received news that Athena went missing, I couldn't help but broke down.

Athena is not just valuable to me; she's my treasure.

Don't get me wrong, I do value my entire family, but there's this undeniable bias I have when it comes to my sister.

I would do anything for her, even sacrifice everything to keep her alive.

And if it means mercilessly killing or torturing anyone who poses a threat, I will willingly set aside my emotions and beliefs. 

I'm a soldier by profession, killing is part of my job. But when it comes to my family, well, that's a whole different ball game. I can turn this job into a hobby if needed.

I would gleefully kill for the sheer satisfaction of getting my revenge, even if it means abandoning any remnants of mercy and morality.

"Isang oras na raw nang umalis sina Athena kila Sofia" Mahigpit ang kapit ng hawak ng kamay ni Clio sa manibela ng sasakyan, habang ang kabila ay pirmadong nakahawak sa kanyang phone.

Nakapako ang kanyang mga mata niya sa daan. She has this looks in her eyes na punong puno ng emosyon. Bagama't hindi siya nagsasalita ngunit ramdam ko ang kanyang inis at galit sa paraan ng kanyang pagbigkas sa bawat kataga ng kanyang mga salita.

I'm concerned about my sister's safety, but I can't help but worry about Clio as well.

I know Clio has a soft spot for my sister. I know that, hindi ko ipagkakaila.

As her fiancé, it doesn't feel great na mayroon pa palang ibang tao na kayang ilabas ang ganitong emotions ni Clio bukod sa akin. 

It took me years to peel back the layers of her identity mask, but it only took Athena a few months to break through and open Clio's heart.

Saang banda ako talo? Saang banda ako nagkulang?

I can't deny the twinge of jealousy I feel, but for Clio's well-being, I allow her to experience these different kinds of emotions. As to my sister, hinahayaan ko lang din siyang mahalin ang girlfriend ko, alam kong hindi gagawa ng bagay ang kapatid ko na ikakalungkot ko. She's a logical person at may paninindigan.

Athena is just like Clio; there are things they desire, but if they know it's wrong to pursue them, they would never go out of their way to obtain those things.

I took a deep breath, consciously trying to calm my emotions. I settled into my seat, rolling down the window.

The consecutive views of the lush tree branches signaled that we were nearing the campsite. With each tree we passed, my mind couldn't rest from constantly thinking about what might have happened to my sister.