Chapter Four

Xavier stared in the mirror. It was the first time in a while he had actually taken the time to look good, and he was shocked to see he looked as young as he was. 

He had shaven, plucked any stray eyebrow hairs (Which he never did.), put on something that wasn't absolutely disgusting. 

He looked good.

Now, whoever this mystery person is, they hadn't messaged Xavier since yesterday, giving him the time and date and location. 

Was he making a mistake? What if he was like, brutally murdered? Kidnapped? Poisoned? So many things could happen to him if he went with this unknown person.

But being the idiot he is, he set off at exactly 12:00 to head to the cafe. Xavier only lived 15 minutes away, but in case the person he was meeting was early, he didn't want to seem like a dunce. 

Why did he care what they thought of him anyways? 

He started his car and began the long journey of travelling down the mountain. He wasn't even close to the top, his small cabin house remained mid-way through the mountain, in a small town. (I don't think people live like this in Maryland...I wouldn't know, I live on the water lol)

Xavier watched as the green pine trees flashed in his windows. They seemed to be screaming at him.

"Go back you fool!"

"Lol, watch him get kidnapped."

"You're being stupid!" 

But Xavier ignored the shouting voices in his head; he had a good feeling about this meet up.

For all he knew, it could lead up to something great. He thought about what this could possibly bring him as he traveled down the mountain.

He finally reached the bottom and began crossing road after road, his destination practically in sight. 

He turned into the parking lot of "MARYLAND CAFE" (BAsic ass name, I know.)

He began his march into the cafe, snorting at the advertisements in the window.

Fuck, his reflection looked good.

He hadn't truly felt like himself since he sort of quit art, and left all his friends. He hoped this unknown someone would maybe give him some motivation to move on and just live.]

Xavier informed the people behind the desk that he needed a small booth, that he was waiting for someone.

They lead him to a small booth in the back of the cafe, a small curved red seat. The fake leather material was tearing, and you could see the grime build up on the window that was right next to it. Disgusting. 

Why had the mystery person chosen this place? They had clearly never been here, never seen the grimy tiled floors, or the moldy mop leaning against the bathroom door. They had clearly never seen the empty ketchup bottles, or the salt and pepper shakers growing some unknown bacteria. 

Well, they sure were in for a treat!

Xavier groaned and sat down, practically feeling the germs climbing up him.

Yuck. 

He wasn't sure who he was looking for, so he kept his head high in hopes they would notice him as he read his dusty menu. 

12:30.

He looked up, searching for anyone he would know.

No one.

Maybe this had been a fake-out. Maybe they were never ACTUALLY coming. Maybe they just wanted him lazy ass up and out of bed and hoped a fake lunch out would do the trick. 

12:34.

He sighed and thought. Maybe they were late. He was late to a lot of things, things that weren't on his usual schedule. Maybe they had forgotten?

Running late, be there soon!

Xavier sighed in relief. So they were coming, they were just late. He prayed they were close. He wanted the prying eyes away from him. He must look like an idiot, sitting alone in a cafe looking slightly to fancy for the overall grossness of the place.

12:40.

He told himself they were coming. 

"Xavier!" He heard someone shout. The voice was familiar. Feminine and high pitched.

"Enid?!"

~~~