Chapter Fourteen

"Hey Nes." Xavier said, walking into the living room.

She glared at him. 

"Okayyy. Well, that was a great conversation. Glad we talked." He told her before sitting down next to her on the couch.

She grabbed her coffee and her book and moved to the other side of the couch. 

"Alright, what the fuck." He told her, rolling his eyes. "We fuck last night and now you're ignoring me?"

She nodded. Scowling, she got up and left the room. He could hear the door slam shut.

"What the fuck!" He cried, tossing his hands into the air. 

~~~

"You guys weren't very quiet last night." Enid informed them during dinner. 

"Oops." Xavier said. "Sorry. Did we wake you up?"

Enid shook her head and sipped her water. "No, I was already awake. But if I hadn't been awake, you two would have definitely woke me up. Congrats on losing your virginity, Wednesday!" Enid told her with a wink.

Wednesday threw her hands up and slammed her napkin on the table before storming down the hallways to her room.

"What's that all about?" Enid watched the girl travel down the hallway. 

"Don't know. I'm gonna go talk to her. She's been ignoring me all day." He told her, getting up and tossing his and Wednesday's plates into the sink.

~~~

"Hey honey." He said softly as he cracked her bedroom door open. She was sitting, curled up on the edge of the bed, hugging her knees and staring out the window. 

She shook her head. "Leave me alone, Xavier." 

He came over and knelt on the floor next to her. "Baby, you need to tell me what's going on here."

She glared at him. "Nothing's going on. Leave."

He shook his head, placing a hand on her knee. "Nes, you can't pull this shit."

She looked at him. "Leave me alone."

"Why are you mad at me?"

"Because Xavier, I promised myself I wouldn't fall for you again when I walked into this house. I just make everything worse! I put you in jail, for crying out loud! You being kind to me is the last thing I deserve and you know it!"

He shook his head. "Baby, that was years ago. I forgave you days after it happened. You deserve all the happiness in the world baby. You make me happy, and you in NO WAY shape or form make anything worse. So please, understand that you mean the world to me and stop running away from your problems."

She looked at him, and he could see the hardness in her eyes melting away, being replaced by happiness and...worry?

"But that's not true." She told him, eyes starting to water. "You didn't want me here. You weren't even going to talk to me! You hated me and it's all my fault. No one cares about what happens to me! You think you care but you don't!" 

He smiled sadly at her. "Love, no. I already told you. I never hated you. And nothing about my anger was your fault. And there are so many people who care about you, love. So many. Me, Enid, your family, Ajax, all of your friends." He kissed her forehead softly and wiped away a stray tear. "Honey, when I tell you that you have one of the best, most caring, loving hearts out there, I mean it. It takes you a while to warm up, sure, but when you love someone you protect them with your life."

She sniffled and he wrapped his arms around her. "You, if anyone, are the most loved person I know. Everyone cares about you, whether they show it or not. Christ, even Bianca cared about you back when you two were enemies. She told me herself, that as much as you two disliked each other, she would never do anything to hurt you terribly." 

She shook her head. "No. No. So many people hate me. I get yelled at on the streets sometimes because someone saw me being rude to the cashier at the fucking coffee shop."

"People can be feisty." 

"No one cares about me Xavier. No one truly, deep down inside, gives a shit about what happens to me." 

"I do."

"Keep telling yourself that." She said, rolling her eyes and wiping away some more tears.

He tightened his arms around her and softly picked her up and held her. "Baby, you need to stop doubting everyone. It's getting out of hand. I'll tell you one last time that everyone fucking loves you. Believe me, please."

She nodded. "Okay."

He kissed her forehead. 

"You wanna take a shower?"

She nodded and shoved her face into his shoulder. 

~~~

He started the shower and gently set her down on the tile. She stood on her feet. 

"Am I joining you or no?"

She nodded softly. "Yeah, but no sex. Just showering."

He kissed her forehead. "Okay."

He began to undress. He finished and sat down on the side of the tub and watched her. She watched herself in the mirror for a minute. He could see her bottom lip quivering, like she was holding in tears. 

"You okay baby?"

"Yes."

She slowly peeled her clothes off, not removing the eye contact with her reflection. Finally when she was done undressing, she looked herself up and down and gave out a shuddering breath.

She turned to face him. He could tell she was trying her best to cover herself. Her arms were crossed tightly over her chest, and her leg was lifted just enough where he couldn't see her intimate areas. She walked over to him, and in this position she was looking slightly down on him.

"I've seen you naked before, angel."

"I-I know." She gave a small shrug, not removing her arms or switching her legs position.

"So why are you covering yourself?"

"I-"

"I don't know."

He softly nodded and wrapped an arm around her, looking up at her with a soft expression on his face.

He used his other hand, the one that wasn't holding her, to remove her arm from her chest.

He kissed her collar bone and leaned his forehead against her neck. "You're gorgeous, you know that?"

She sniffled. "Really though? Or do you just say that, like how everyone else says it?"

He looked up at her, confused. "Baby, I mean it. You're perfect."

"Okay."

She curled herself inwards, laying in his lap. He held her as he stood up and stepped into the shower. He softly rocked her side to side. 

"You're everything to me, Love. Don't you ever doubt that."

~~~