Chapter Seventeen

Wednesday sat in silence in the passenger seat of Xavier's car. 

"I know you two aren't living here for much longer, but I thought you should see someone before you leave." Xavier told her.

She hissed some angry curse words at him, as she stared out the window.

"I know you didn't want to go, but Nes, this is good for you. You need this."

"You don't know what I need." Wednesday growled. "You think you know everything!"

Xavier gripped the steering wheel slightly harder.

"No, Wednesday. YOU don't know what you need." He told her angrily. "You think this is something you can do nothing about and it will just fix itself. That is not how this work! Do you understand me when I say I am going to help, no matter what you do? Complaining and pouting will get you no where. So stop."

He was so pissed at her. She kept telling him to stop, she wouldn't work with him when he tried to help, and she was just overall causing problems.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled softly, curling her legs up to her chest and burying her face in her knees. "I know you're trying to help. I'm sorry."

"Wednesday, you can't keep doing this!" He wasn't going to fold and give in cause she was upset. No, not this time. "When someone fucking helps you, you work with them! Not throw a hissy fit like a toddler! You're an adult Wednesday, fucking act like one!" 

At this point, Wednesday was leaned against the window, sniffling. Tears streamed steadily down her face. "I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me."

"Of course I'm mad at you! You can't do this shit! You're what, 25? YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A THREE YEAR OLD AND THAT IS NOT OKAY! You can't turn into a child because something didn't go your fucking way."

"I'm sorry." She sniffled.

"Wednesday, you threatened your fucking therapist! You can't do this shit anymore!" 

She burst into a fresh round of tears and Xavier had to hold himself back from comforting her. 

"I-I'm sorry, please don't leave me."

That stopped him. He looked over at the small girl. "You-You think I'm going to leave you?"

She sniffled and wiped some tears off her face. "I knew it would be a bad idea to get into a relationship, I'm so fucking stupid." 

He leaned over and tried to place a hand on her knee. She flinched away. 

"Nes, honey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten so mad." He said in the softest voice he could muster as he pulled into an empty parking lot. 

He parked in the corner and texted Enid telling her they would be back a little later than planned. He shut the car off and unbuckled himself. 

"Baby, I know this is hard for you, but I need you to understand that everyone is just trying to help you. No one is trying to hurt you, love."

"You-You won't leave me though?" She asked, eyes wide and filled with un-shed tears as she looked up at him. 

"No baby." He said, leaning over and unbuckling her seat belt. He picked her up and pulled her over to his seat, careful not to let her hit the steering wheel, not wanting to hurt her. "I've got you again, and you're the most important thing to me. I wouldn't leave you for the world."

She burst into more tears and shoved her face into his chest as he stroked her hair softly. "I-I'm sorry-y."

"It's alright, Baby. You're okay." He kissed the top of her head softly and held her, leaning his cheek on her head.  "I love you, Nes, and nothing's gonna change that." He said softly, squeezing her tighter. "Not even your little anger spouts." 

"I love you too, Xavier. I'm sorry."

"You're okay baby, you're okay." He kissed her forehead and held her, not wanted to let her go, not even for the world. 

~~~

PLEASE COMMENT BECAUSE I FEEL THE STORY IS GETTING SHITTY!