Chapter Eight

!!MENTIONS OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE!!

Xavier didn't message Wednesday again after that. She sent him multiple messages after her identity was revealed, and he ended up putting her on silent. 

He didn't want to hear it. 

Enid knew he was pissed with Wednesday, and proceeded to give him her number. He wanted nothing to do with the girl who had broken his heart, and almost texted Enid and yelled at her.

But he knew she was trying to help Wednesday.

And he couldn't do that.

He would just make life worse for her, he knew he wouldn't be able to control his anger towards her. 

~~~

Enid: We need to talk.

Xavier groaned when he saw this message, he knew he was going to get yelled at, and Enid would convince him to talk to Wednesday, yada yada. 

Xavier: I'm all ears. Or eyes. 

Enid: Xavier, I know you've been ignoring Wednesday's messages, and okay, whatever, I don't care. You have every right to do what you want to do, and I shouldn't have tried to interfere. But we have a really big issue. 

Xavier: What?

Enid: For the past few days, after you stopped texting her, she stopped eating, and I haven't seen her leave her room more than twice.

Xavier: Fuck, that's not good.

Xavier's heart stopped almost completely as he read over Enid's messages. Had he really caused this? Had him ignoring her really hurt her that much?

He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do, so he shot Enid a message a waited for her response.

Xavier: Should I message her?

He could feel anxiety rushing through his veins as his heart raced. He was starting to sweat.

Was Wednesday gonna be okay?

Enid: Please do.

~~~

Xavier: Hey Nes, you alright?

Wednesday answered almost immediately, which was shocking given the fact it could take her weeks to answer messages. 

Wednesday: Yes.

There was no context after the yes, simply her assuring him she was doing okay. And he knew she wasn't, and he wouldn't take that.

Xavier: I don't believe you. Enid told me what's been going on. When was the last time you've eaten?

She read his message but didn't respond for five minutes. He was about to give up all hope when three blinking dots appeared on Wednesday's side of the screen. 

Wednesday: 3 days. Why do you care, anyways?

Xavier: I'm worried about you. 

Wednesday: No your not. Your worried about what Enid, and everybody else will think of you if you don't try to help me. News flash, Thorpe, I don't need your fucking pity.

Xavier: Wednesday. I don't care about what they think of me. I haven't seen anyone from nevermore in years. What they think of me doesn't affect me at all. What WILL affect me is if you fall ill or get hurt because you don't have the proper help. 

Wednesday: Oh, so your the solution then, huh? The weird, depressed ex boyfriend comes to save the day when the ex girlfriend is feeling suicidal. I said I don't want your pity, leave me alone. 

Fuck, where did he go wrong in this conversation?

Xavier: Wednesday, I do not pity you. I want you to get better. 

Wednesday: There's nothing wrong with me in the first place! Do not text me again or I WILL block your number.

Why didn't she already block his number? That's the only thing Xavier was asking in his head. 

Xavier: I'll leave you be for now, but if Enid tells me your hurting yourself, I will be messaging you.

Wednesday: Goodbye. 

~~~

Xavier was sure he fucked up. He's not sure where or when Wednesday got the "pity" idea, but it was not making his side look good. It was only making her move farther away.

As much as he secretly still hated her for leaving, he was so deeply worried about her condition. Xavier knew she would block him if he kept on messaging her, so he let her be.

For now.

And in that small period of time he would leave her alone, he would go back and forth with Enid, both of them expressing their worry for the small, pig-tailed hurricane.

And fuck, was he worried. 

~~~