Chapter Twenty One

"Xavier please for the LOVE OF GOD get your shit in the truck." Enid cried, tossing her hair over her shoulder.

"Busy." He yelled back before turning to his now empty bedroom. 

He never expected to leave, if he was being honest. He just assumed her would live here forever.

"Xav, come on." Wednesday said softly, entering the room and eyeing the blank walls. It didn't feel like his home anymore. She walked over and kissed his softly. 

"Okay." He said with a soft smile. 

He gathered the last moving box's and followed Wednesday out. He passed the empty hallways and blank kitchen. Normally he wouldn't have mind moving. But this was the home he'd spent so much time with his girl in. His friends. It felt like he was leaving a big chunk of time behind.

"C'mon Xavier." Wednesday said gently, taking two boxes from him and making her way outside. 

"Y-Yeah. I'm coming." He said, not wanted his eyes to leave the walls as he turned around. 

But life was better now. He had Wednesday, and Enid. He had Ajax, who had visited around a month ago and they had grown quiet close. 

He had the whole world in his palms, and honestly, that's all that mattered. 

He could leave this old home in the dust.

He was moving in with his fiancee. They had bought a small home on the outskirt of New Jersey, close to Wednesday's family. 

Wednesday was doing a lot better, too. She didn't need to be told to eat, or worry about problems she didn't need to worry about. She hadn't even thought about self harm in months. He was so proud of her, and had promised himself that he would protect this girl forever, no matter what it took. 

He helped Enid and Wednesday load his last box's into the moving truck. 

"I'm gonna miss it." He told Wednesday, leaning against his car as he took a final look at his home. "But it's all worth it. For you."

He leaned down and kissed her. She smiled against his mouth and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you Xavier."

"I love you too, Wednesday."

~~~

SHORT AND SWEET <333