Chapter Fifteen

"So Nes. I've been meaning to talk with you." Xavier said as he sat down on the sofa next to her, passing her a bowl of veggie straws. 

She took a green one and ate it. "About what?"

"So like..." He looked at the ceiling as though he was trying to decide what to say. Wednesday was starting to get nervous. 

"We've been...doing stuff." He said, and she raised an eyebrow and nodded, telling him to go on. "And like, we've had sex, and I call you pet names and...I don't know." (This is how I talk to everyone lmao, I have the worst social anxiety ever) 

She giggled as he stumbled over his words. 

"Holy shit, did you just laugh?!"

She slapped a hand over her mouth, eyes wide. Her shock was reflected in his reaction. She shook her head quickly. "No, go on."

"Alright, but we WILL be circling back to this topic later."

She mumbled a couple curse words under her breath before returning her gaze to meet his. "So we've been doing stuff." He wiggled his hands in a way to imitate "Stuff". 

"And I want to know where I stand with you." He half-finished. "Am I a friend, a close friend, friends with benefits, are we dating, what's going on here. Because as much as I'm enjoying this, I need to understand whats happening if it's going to continue."

That's fair.  

"Xavier, I don't need labels to be in a-"

"No, Wednesday. You don't. But I do. And it's important to me to understand where I stand with you."

"Oh." She said, furrowing her brows. "I don't-" She took a deep breath. "I don't know if I'm ready for an actual relationship." She saw his hurt looking eyes.

"Do you...do you not trust me?" 

She quickly shook her head. "No, I do trust you. And I really do wish I was ready for a relationship. But Xavier, I feel bad. Like I don't feel good. Ever. And to tie you down with someone who  hates themselves. It's not healthy for you. And it won't ever be. So no Xavier, I don't have any labels that work for us."

Xavier groaned. He leaned over and pulled her into his lap. He felt her relax and melt into him and she laid her head on his chest. He began rubbing calming, loving circles on her back. 

"Baby, I've told you before and I'll tell you again. I will help you through this. But I need to know. I don't care if getting into a relationship with me seems like a bad idea on my part, that is my decision to make. Baby, I've told you. I'm here for you. No matter what."

She nodded and sniffled into his chest. "Just...just let me think about it, okay?" 

He nodded and kissed her head. "Of course baby."