Chapter Six

!!!MENTIONS OF SELF HARM!!!

Xavier lie in bed, scrolling through Instagram on his phone.

Ever since his talk with Enid almost a week ago, he'd been more upbeat, truly feeling like he had some meaning in life.

Enid hadn't even really said much to make him think that, but just the thought that someone took time out of their day to come visit him and talk was uplifting. 

It was almost 9:30, and Xavier really needed to start getting ready for bed; he had an early morning tomorrow. 

DING

Xavier sighed and clicked on the message. Enid was in his phone now, her contact a pink "E" and she had been routinely checking up on him. 

The message was a phone number, a simple phone number. He hadn't expected this to be the message, and he was greatly curious about who the number might belong to.

So he clicked the number and opened it into a new message.

X: Hello? Who is this? 

Xavier locked his phone after clicking the blue send button and got up the go shower.

~~~

Xavier spent the entire next day checking his phones for messages from the unknown number, but nothing was coming up. 

At this point, he was assuming Enid had pulled a prank on him, and that the number belonged to no one and he was getting pumped and excited for the outcome. 

He met up with Enid for coffee that day, discussing more of the "Wednesday problem."

"She's not her self at all, I haven't seen her write in almost 9 months, she hasn't gone to her fencing, she quit the cello, and I think she's been..." Enid sniffled, a small tear tracing it's way down her face. "I think she's been cutting herself."

Xavier's eyes widened, the small issue of losing the "Wednesday" attitude quickly being replaced by anxiety for her well-being. "What makes you think that?"

"She isn't very good at hiding it. S-She got scars and cuts all over her arms and wrists. Sometime when I walk into the bathroom, sometimes there's...there's still blood. Like she doesn't take the time to clean it up."

Xavier sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Shit, yeah, this isn't good."

"No shit, Sherlock."

Xavier wanted to ask her about the number, but the setting just didn't seem right. 

"So what should I be doing about this?" Xavier said, raising an eyebrow. 

"I know you don't wanna see her, and she probably doesn't wanna see you either, but you have to help me, I don't know how to stop her!"

Xavier sighed. "I had problems like that too. You really have to try and get through to the person..." 

Enid nodded rapidly as her began explaining to her.

Fuck, this was going to be hard.

~~~

Xavier sat on the couch in his living room, a random movie playing in the background, Xavier payed it no attention.

Was Wednesday okay?

If he hadn't given Enid the right information, he could be risking the girls life. 

Was he willing the let Enid go do what he told her?

He couldn't live with himself if what he said didn't work, and he was the cause of her death.

Fuck, she couldn't die, could she?

Xavier's anxiety was bubbling like boiling water in the center of his stomach.

He really hoped Enid knew what she was doing. 

~~~