CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

SHE WAS rotten in her position and still haven't gotten over of what happened. She didn't mean to slap him, she was just surprised of his sudden action. Like, why would he do that? Why would he hugged her from the back? Because first of all, there is nothing between the two of them. Yes, something happened between the two of them last night but that was not enough reasons to act him like that.

She took a deep breath and continued wiping the window. She was busy wiping the window but her mind was flying by somewhere else. She bit her bottom lip hard because of so much guilt.

Lunch came but she didn't see him going down. She wanted to ask manang Isme kung nasaan ito, but she's afraid dahil baka siya naman ang tanongin nito pabalik. Hindi niya pa kasi kwenento sa kanila about kung ano ang nangyari kagabi and she's ashamed to tell them about what happened last night. That was private.

Three o'clock strikes, but she still didn't saw him. Hindi na siya nakatiis at nagtanong na kay manang, bahala na kung siya naman ang tanongin nito pagkatapos.

Lakas loob siyang lumapit kay manang Isme na busy kakakuskos ng kaldero.

"Manang. " Mahina ang boses niyang tawag dito na ikinalingon nito sa kanya. Inayos nito ang suot na eye glasses.

"Bakit hija? May kailangan ka? " Napakagat siya ng labi at hindi agad nakasagot.

Tumikhim siya. " Uhm...Nasaan po ang Senyorito? " mahina ang boses niyang tanong.

Bumuntong hininga ito at bumalik sa pag kuskos ng kaldero.

"Umalis, nagtaka nga ako dahil sobrang pula ng pisnge. Nakasimangot ito at mukhang bad trip. " Napalunok siya dahil sa sinabi ng matanda.

Galit nga siguro ito sa kanya. Masyado ba nitong dinamdam ang pagsampal niya?

She nodded and quitely went to her room. She was too tired today so she decided to rest for awhile.

She woke up another day, but he still didn't return. Two days passed and she still didn't see him. She was worried sick because something might have happened to him. She had already broken many plates and glasses, and she always received sermons from Nanay Isme, but none of those sermons registered in her mind. All she knew was that they didn't let her help with chores anymore. She agreed anyway because she might break something again.

Palagi siyang kinukulit nina Marisa. Nagtatanong kung ano ang nangyari sa kaniya ngunit isang iling lang ang isinagot niya. Mukhang nakuha naman nila na ayaw niyang pag–usapan ang problema–kung meron man. Hindi na nila siya kinulit at hinayaan nalang.

The next day, a piece of news came that made her heart crumble in pain. She was so hurt by the news, even though she knew she didn't have the right to be hurt because there was no relationship between them. She quietly released the pain through crying. She cried and cried until she became numb and no more tears came out.

He was having fun in manila with a different woman. Yan ang balitang natanggap nila. 

The next day, bumalik siya sa dating siya and pretended like nothing happened. Na parang hindi siya nasaktan at umiyak. And that day ay umuwi narin ito. She didn't take a glance at him and just do her job. She tried to forget the growing feelings she felt for him. But how can she move forward kung palagi niya itong nakikita? Just like now.

"Hija, Pinapatawag ka ng Senyorito. " she sighed heavily and nod.

She walked upstairs towards his room. Even if she wanted to refuse, she didn't have the right because she was a maid. And a maid couldn't refuse orders unless they were immoral.

Nang makarating sa tapat ng pinto ay bumuga pa ulit siya ng isang malalim na buntong hininga bago kumatok. The door opened at niluwa nito ang Senyorito.

"Come in. " He said, widening the door further. She couldn't do anything but enter. Even though her heart was beating abnormally because of his presence, she still tried to act normal.

She heard the door close and turned to look, but she gasped when he quickly grabbed her arm and pinned her against the wall. She could smell his masculine scent due to their proximity. She felt his warm breath against her ear as he whispered, "I miss you so fucking much." He said and buried his face in her neck.

Her breathing became uneven due to their extreme proximity. Her heart raced, and she felt a surge of electricity through her body, accompanied by butterflies in her stomach. She froze and couldn't speak.

"I miss you so much, I'm sorry for being stupid. I'm sorry if I left for two days without saying goodbye. I just wanted to give my brain and heart a break. Because I feel like I'm out of breath when you're around," he confessed.

Now, she's the one who's out of breath. Her hand is shaking, but she still manages to push him, causing him to step back slightly. She looks away because she can't meet his gaze. She feels like she's drowning in his intense stare.

"K–kaya pala nabalitaan ko na kung sino–sinong babae ang kasama mo doon. " There was a bitterness in her voice. His lips parted and didn't immediately answered.

She scoffed and turned away facing the door. She was about to open the door to go out when she felt his arms wraps around her waist. "Who told you that?...hm? " Malambing ang boses nitong tanong siniksik ang mukha sa kanyang leeg.

She swallowed hard and answer him. " D–dash, Dash told us na ibat–ibang babae daw ang kasama mo. " she heard him cursed many times and hug her tighter. " Baby, that's not true, don't believe him. He's a liar, Wala akong ibat–ibang babaeng kasama okay? Sila lang naman ang kasama ko sa inuman. " Paliwanag nito at paulit-ulit na minura si Dash.

So her crying was pointless. Nasayang lang pala yung luha niya. Gagong Dash yon!

                            🍵