CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"WHAT? " Aurelia exclaimed upon receiving the news that the car Hunter was driving home was in an accident. Anxiety pounded in her chest and her hand was trembling as she took the shoulder bag and hurriedly left the mansion and went to the hospital where he was admitted.

"K-kuya, wala pa bang ibibilis diyan? " Her voice trembled when she ask the driver.

She was so nervous and restless inside the taxi.

"Hija, mabilis na'to. " Manong driver answered.

She took a deep breath and tried to calm her self down

When she got to the hospital, she quickly paid the taxi driver and immediately ran into the hospital entrance. She ask the front desk nurse where Hunter's room was.

"Room 28 ma'am, 6th floor " she thanked her and hurriedly went to the elevator and pressed the 6th floor. She patiently waited until she reached the 6th floor. She immediately look for the room 28, she didn't have any trouble of finding it because she saw one of his friends went out to one of the room here so she assume na iyon na ang kuwartong kinalalagyan ni Hunter. His eyes widened when he saw her and hurried back inside. Her brows furrowed because of what he acted. She just ignored it because the important thing was to see Hunter's condition.

As soon as she entered inside. The sad faces of Hunter's friends appeared to her. Her eyes darted to Hunter who was now peacefully lying in the hospital bed. He had many wounds on his body and dextrose was still attached. Her leg trembled causing her to fell down, she look at him lifeless. His friends immediately approached her and help her to stand up. They led her towards him. She gasp and tears started to fall, she didn't realize it until she see herself crying while holding his hands tightly.

No one dared to interrupt her and
Just let her cry.

Tearfully, she looked at them. They immediately avoided her gaze.

"A-ano ba kasing nangyari? " she ask in a salty voice.

Leo heaved a deep sigh. Ang maingay na Leo ay naging seryoso at tahimik.

"Nawalan ng break ang kotse ni Hunter kaya naisipan nalang niyang ibangga ito sa puno kesa maka-aksidente pa siya. Mabilis ang takbo ng sasakyan kaya malakas ang pag ka salpok
niya sa puno. " He said in a small voice.

"And.... his in coma. "

Napapikit siya ng mariin at mas lalong humagolhol ng iyak. Her chest tightened, she couldn't imagine that it would all come to this. It's so painful it feels like she's being stabbed little by little. She can't even swallow her saliva because it feels like a thorn stuck in her throat.

She gasp some air when she felt that she can't breathe. Maximo immediately approached her and gently rubbed her back to calm her down.

"Hush‚ it's okay, he'll wake up soon. " his voice said calmly. She heard the deep sigh of Ryker and Blake. They seemed impatient while sitting on the couch.

"Can you guys make this faster? I still have an important meeting to attend to. " Ryker said impatiently and combed his hair with his long fingers.

She heard Dash's soft snort and she saw Leo slightly nudged him but he just gave them a deadly look.

She ignored them and return her gaze to Hunter. She gasp and stepped back in surprised. She almost fell down when she accidentally tripped. Fortunately, Maximo immediately supported her. But her attention was not focused on that but on Hunter who was now kneeling in one knee on the bed he was lying on earlier while holding a small box.

"A-anong? " Hindi makapaniwala niyang bulalas and covered her mouth. He smiled gently at her. Kita niya ang kaba sa mga mata nito.

He took her hand and kissed the back of her palm. He smiled sweetly and look at her carefully. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"I-I'm sorry if I made you worry. I couldn't think of any other way to propose so I ask them for help. " he said and look at his friends and secretly rolled his eyes before looking back at her. "But it seems wrong to ask them for help. " I heard his friends grunted. "I wouldn't have followed their suggestion, but I think about it deeply, and realized that there is not enough time, I want to do it and marry you early. I want you to be officially mine. So forgive me if in this situation I ask for your hand, I know that this is not your dream proposal but I promise you that I'll make our wedding big and special. " He said full of affection.

He took a deep breathe once again. " Aurelia Mendoza can I ask for your hand? Can you marry someone like me? I don't take no for an answer, so your answer should be yes. " he demanded that made her laugh softly. Her tears didn't leave in her eyes.

Her tears didn't stop from falling. She can't contain her happiness right now. If earlier her chest tightened because of pain. Now it tightened because of happiness.

"I-if my answer is yes, what can you promise? " Mahina niyang tanong.

"I can’t promise you because they said that promises is meant to be broken. But i will do my best to make you happy and contented. I will do my best not to hurt you and make you cry. If you cry‚ I'll make sure that the reason for your tears is joy. I love you, "

She laughed in satisfaction habang patuloy na lumuluha and slowly nodded her head. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open. "Is that a y-yes? " he ask reassuringly.

She nodded again. "Y-yes, My answer is yes. "She said. He immediately shouted yes and put the ring on her ring finger. He embrace her and hugged her tightly and repeatedly kissed her temple. "I love you so much. She smiled and hugged him too. " I love you too. "

They heard his friends shouted and congratulated them. They only smile and thank them, eventhough their suggestion made her loose her shit. She's still thankful.

Ryker immediately approached them and patted Hunter on the shoulder."Congratulations to the both of you. I'm going first because I have something important to attend to. " he said in his natural cold voice. Agad nanindig ang kanyang balahibo dahil sa lamig ng boses nito. Kakaiba ang awra nito, nakakatakot pero dahil medyo nasanay na siya ay unti-unti rin namang nawala ang kanyang takot.

Hunter nodded and murmured him his 'thanks. '

His friends shouted in glee when he handed his ATM to them. Agad din naman ang mga itong umalis bitbit ang ATM card habang may malawak na ngiting nakaplastar sa labi.

Hindi na rin sila nag tagal at umalis na sa hospital.

🍵