Chapter 20

"Okay, remember what we talked about?" Hasani said with a look of concern in his eyes as he pulled me into a hug—the third hug of the day

"Yeah. I'll probably be okay." I affirmed, lifting my feet off the ground to place a kiss on his cheek. "Let me get going. Find out once and for all if I've really healed from the David experience."

"I'm sure you have." he said without a single drop of doubt in his voice. "And you're right. You will probably be okay. But I'm a call or text away if you're not, okay? We all are."

"I know. Thank you." I said, pulling him into our fourth hug.

"Oh, come on! You guys! She's going to America, not Mars! Enough with the hugs and let's go!" Namiko shouted from the front seat of her car.

Hasani chuckled, his chest vibrating against mine. "I told you you should have let me drive you to the airport."

I laughed. "Namiko loves road trips. She would never let you replace her. I'll see you in a few days."

"Okay." He pulled me closer to him and gave me an actual kiss, to which Namiko pressed into her car horn, the noise drowning out all sound around us as we kissed. I laughed and finally pulled away.

"I'll try not to miss you too much." Hasani said, hooking an arm around my shoulders as we walked the short distance to Namiko's car.

I groaned. "You're making this hard, Sani. It's only five days, and then I'll be back in these strong, sexy arms of yours."

"Pinky promise." he grinned with his pinky finger pointed in my direction.

"Oh my word. You're such a child." I laughed, but pinky promised anyway.

"Okay. Bye, for real. Be safe out there, baby." Hasani said with a light spank on my butt as he left my side. For real this time.

He walked over to the driver's side and leaned in through Namiko's open window. "Get her there safely, please, cockblocker?"

"Oh, Yesu." Namiko said with a roll of her eyes, but had an endearing smile plastered on her face. "I'll also get myself home safely, thanks for your concern, freak."

"Miko, your safety is your boyfriend's concern, not mine." Hasani replied smugly.

"Sani, seriously? Be nice to my best friend." I said, trying to hide my laughter from Namiko who looked like she was contemplating running Hasani over.

"I'm joking! Namiko. Please return in one piece, seriously." Hasani said with sincerity on his face. Namiko side eyed him and started the car.