Routines and Romanticism

A/N

Okay so I usually put notes at the end but with this specific string of one shots I cannot because you need to be warned lol.

I wrote this kind of off the top of my head and I just really like the concept so it's going to be a 3-5 parter depending on what feels right so don't worry about how short it isssss.

Give or take a few days and I'll have this wrapped up in a big bow for all you little gaybies.

Oh and one more thing....and they were roommates 👀

-Jai

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day One

The god forsaken sound of an alarm going off is the first thing Toni hears when she's pulled out of her pleasantly blank dreamscape.

5 am already

She groans and shuts the clock off, momentarily covering her head with the blanket before sighing and pushing herself out of her cozy comforter.

"Consistency right...that's what I need" Toni says to herself, a reminder from her therapist and the only reason she's even agreed to this 15 hour bender of a routine that she'll be trying to implement.

She sleepily manages to scramble together some eggs and cut up sausage for an omelette when she hears Cheryl creep out of her bedroom, probably awoken by all the noise.

"Breakfast already?" The redhead asks, shamelessly appearing in an oversized hoodie and her underwear.

Well good morning

"Dr. Martin seems to think waking up at 5 am will solve all my problems" She comments casually, ignoring the heat on her cheeks at the sight of her roommate being so...comfortable.

"I'm sure there's a broader reason behind his methods but I'm glad you're doing it" Cheryl replied supportively, slipping into a seat at the kitchen island.

For a few seconds there's a emptiness in the air only filled with the sound of sizzling and the delectable aroma of eggs and cheese.

Toni thinks she can feel Cheryl's sights burning a hole into her back but she doesn't look.

If only to protect her ego in case the redhead wasn't looking at all.

"I'm sorry for waking you" Toni apologizes softly, clearing her throat to say more until she hears the sound of a chair sliding; an indication that Cheryl was approaching her now.

"Didn't Dr. Martin tell you to stop being so apologetic about things you can't control? You didn't wake me at all, my brain did" Cheryl let's out with a touch of scolding, nudging the girl at the stove with her hip.

Breath. Just breathe.

Toni listens to her inner monologue and smiles briefly, shaking the nerves off as she folds over her omelette .

"Well then to make up for your brain waking you way before you normally do I'll make you breakfast" Toni offers, plating her food and moving on to make a second helping for Cheryl when she's stopped.