Routines and Romanticism Pt 3

Day Two

Another body jerking start to the day as the 5 a.m alarm scares Toni right off her bed.

"C'mon you can do this"

She groans in complaint as she heads into the kitchen to award herself with a hot cup of coffee for continuing her routine.

"Gonna get used this in no time"

She rubs her sleepy eyes and steals a few glances around the living room to see if there was any sign of Cheryl.

Must be in bed.

Once the teapot whistle started up Toni could swear she hears rumblings coming from Cheryl's room.

She eagerly finds a spare mug for Cheryl, hoping to smooth over the potential awkwardness of last night.

I mean...she could get away with being a bit shy right?

But before she could be graced with her bombshell roommate's presence she would seemingly be forced to greet her hookup first.

A skirt clad brunette stumbles into the kitchen, half slipping on a black heel and half buttoning her dress shirt.

Who the fuck is this?

"OH" she yells, finally noticing Toni watching her from the kitchen island. "Hi. Sorry...she's uh still sleeping so I'm just gonna head out." She sends Toni a tight lipped smile and rushes out the door.

So here was Toni, standing there in shock with two suddenly heavy and very hot cups of coffee in her hands. She has to snap herself out of the jealous daze before she feels the need to chuck the mugs at the wall.

Breath. Just breathe.

A loud sigh comes out of her mouth before she can even process what just happened and she slides the untouched mugs into the sink with a loud crash.

She would love to wake Cheryl up and ask her about last night.

She was dying to ask why she had to rush off? Who needed her? And how did she end up in bed with some rando???

Sadly for her there was  too many damn things to do first.

Starting with the gym and then the gift of all gifts, therapy.

After an excruciating workout Toni finds herself drumming her fingers against the leather chair in Dr. Martin's office.

"Antoinette?"

"Robert." Toni replies mindlessly, not having heard what he was asking of her.

He just clears his throat, a hint of disappointment in his demeanor.

"How is the routine going. Do you feel like you're accomplishing more?"

She shuffles in her seat, thinking back to the morning breakfast with Cheryl then her shameful workout regimen and the hell that was her work day.

She wouldn't exactly say she ISNT accomplishing everything but she's not exactly having fun.

"I haven't had an episode if that's what you want me to say"