one dance pt 2

Betty and Jughead were much too focused on their love and happiness to pay any attention to the raven haired Latina complaining about that slithering little pink haired serpent who had the nerve to dance with Cheryl.

"She won't stop looking at her" Veronica points out for the 4th time in this conversation alone

"V, as much as I'd love to listen to you whine about Toni dancing with your girlfriend, why don't you maybe...go dance with your girlfriend?" Betty offers, mind half occupied with her her husband and his heart eyes towards the dessert table.

"Until she apologizes for making me look like an idiot in front of all of our friends I'll be doing no such thing"

"Then don't complain when someone else does, now if you'll excuse us I think Jug wants to tear into the cake already" with that being said the blonde walked off to actually enjoy her day and Veronica was stuck drowning in her anger alone.

From where she was standing she could see Toni, now sporting an all black uniform and an apron.

She was talking and giggling with her serpent comrades and maybe it was just Veronica's paranoia but she swore they were talking about her.

So with that in mind she grabbed an extra drink from a server's tray and with it in hand she marched right up to the bar.

"Hey Toni?" She asks, gaining the girl's attention to then toss the drink in her face.

Initially the pink haired serpent was pretty shocked but then all she felt was anger. She was ready to pounce on the spoiled rich girl until Sweet Pea grabbed her and held her back.

She didn't struggle against him because she knew that was a fight she wouldn't win but the urge to wipe that smirk of Veronica Lodge's face was rising.

"I got this, go get cleaned up" he whispers to her and she looks the Latina up and down one last time before retreating to the backroom.

To her surprise, someone was already occupying it.

"Oh shit sorry" Cheryl manages to cough out, paired with an immense amount of smoke that smelled like...weed?

"No big deal but, didn't peg you as the smoking type" Toni replied, leaning back against the door, forcing it shut.

"And I didn't peg you for the...sweaty? Type" Cheryl points at the wet spot on Toni's torso.

"A party favor from your girlfriend, guess she thought her drink matched my outfit" Cheryl giggles at Toni's ability to joke about the incident, not knowing how angry she actually was.

Or if she was, either way Toni was pretty consistent in the way she'd been treating Cheryl all night.

"So I take it Ms. Mobster doesn't know about your little hobby"

"Of course not, I have to be perfect and pretty and happy all the-" Cheryl began to rant but Toni interrupted

"You're all that without trying, as soon as you're forced to do something it takes the fun out. Just be you"

Cheryl takes in her words but doesn't push that conversation any further. It's best to keep things casual. Friendly.

"So, snake ring equals serpent ?"