Routines and Romanticism Pt 2

A key loudly clicking into the front door signaled that Toni was returning from her work day and Cheryl noted it was much later than usual.

She peeked through one sleepy eye, catching sight of her roommate trying her best to stay quiet.

Before Toni could finish taking off her shoes however, Cheryl sits up and yawns softly.

"Eleven hours, they got every bit out of you today huh?" Cheryl initiates conversation, stretching a bit while she looks Toni over a few times

"You have no idea" Toni replied wincing slightly as she walks towards the kitchen less gracefully than usual.

"Something wrong?" She questioned, leaving the warmth of the sofa to follow the shorter girl.

Toni laughed, pouring herself a cup of juice and continuing with her careful steps.

"I figured I'd be sore after the gym but this is just....ridiculous" she complained, rubbing the side of her thigh for some sort of relief but obviously nothing would help right now.

"Oh my god! I forgot you worked out before you went in, how the hell did you manage that?"

"Not very well" Toni giggles, dragging herself to the couch.

"Well I did make the offer to massage you...feel like taking me up on it?" Cheryl tries not to be too eager and Toni seems to consider it for a moment before shaking her head.

"No it's okay, I'll just take a warm bath and some muscle relaxers. That'll put me right out of my misery" she sighs, slumping deeper into the couch.

Since Cheryl had just woken up from a rather long nap she didn't join Toni on the couch.

Instead she let her friend drift off as peacefully as she could whilst she ran a bath and set Toni's bed for the night.

Just as she was pulling up the comforter when she hears the wincing girl stomping slowly up the hallway.

"You were supposed to sleep for at least five more minutes, I'm not done yet" Cheryl complained playfully and Toni just groaned.

"I can't sleep like this"

"Then don't" Cheryl approached Toni, hating the pained expression on her face with every step closer. "Bath. Massage and then bed. Got it?" She ordered, tugging up Toni's shirt to make a point.

Though she walked away fast enough to miss the blush swipe across the shorter girl's face.

"Yes ma'am" Toni let's out just under her breath

In a few moments she's stripping down to nothing and very carefully (and painfully) lowering herself into a beautifully steaming and lavender smelling bath.

She moans in relief and lays her head back against the cold edge of the tub.

"Toni?" Cheryl's voice comes from the other side of her bathroom door and Toni's body seized instantly.

She cannot see me like this.

"I'll be out soon."