she's a fighter

"Again" Sweet Pea commands and Cheryl sends another frenzy of punches at the punching bag hanging in the middle of the barn.

"Use your body to your advantage, red" she squared her feet and continued the assault on the bag, feeling her fists ache at the feeling.

"Alright, warm up over. Get your gloves. It's sparing time" Cheryl wiped the sweat off her forehead and grabbed her gloves from the floor.

"You mark up my face and I put an arrow between your eyes" she threatens and the boy laughs, adjusting his own gloves.

"Message received"

Sweet Pea threw the first punch and Cheryl managed to back away at the last minute and just barely avoided the contact.

"Good, don't just step back though okay? Dodge it. Move your body" once again he swung and connected with her left cheek.

"Hey! I said-" and again there was a glove hitting her face.

"Stop talking, fight back come on"

He didn't have to tell her twice.

Once again she squared her feet and lifted her hands up to guard her face.

He went for a jab and she ducked below it, countering with an uppercut to his stomach.

He groaned but continued with his movements.

She wasn't surprised he could take a hit. He's been fighting a lot longer than she has.

She shuffled her feet trying to keep up with Sweet Pea without letting the boy get too close.

She was landing her punches easily and Sweet Pea could not look prouder.

Would it not have been for the sound of a creaking wooden door she might've continued her streak.

She turned to the barn door where Toni was coming in and before she knew it she was falling to the floor. A painful throbbing on her cheek from his punch.

"What the-Cher!" Within seconds Toni was right next to her holding her head to get a good look at face.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She asks worriedly and Cheryl nods trying to think of a good explanation but of course once Toni knows Cheryl's okay she stands and grips the boy's shirt.

It was kind of comical that this short little ball of temper was intimidating the giant olive skinned gang member but Toni was kind of scary. Especially when someone hurts Cheryl.

"What the hell is wrong with you! You wanna play fight? Huh?" She releases him only to kick his shin and force him to drop to her level.

With one perfect punch to the face Sweet Pea was now laid on the floor of the barn holding his nose in pain.

She pulled back her arm once again to release another punch until Cheryl blocked it.

"Don't hurt him, he was just training me!" She yells frantically trying to get Toni to calm down and the short serpent looks back and forth between her girl and her best friend.

"Training?" She looks at both of them confused and Cheryl rubs the back of her neck awkwardly.

"I um...I wanted to be more prepared just incase I don't always have my bow and..." she pauses shyly and then bites her lip before continuing "Well I want to make sure I can protect myself....and you"

Toni's anger instantaneously slips away and a huge grin graces her face.

She doesn't even think twice before pulling her girlfriend in for a sweet kiss.

It would've progressed further, would sweet pea have not interrupted.

"Glad we cleared things up, still currently bleeding" he groans from the floor and the two girls pull apart to help him up.

"Sorry about that, sweets" Toni says, brushing the boy's hair out of his eyes

"Oh no it's fine, didn't even hurt that bad. Sorry for bleeding while you and Cheryl kissed" he replies in a slightly higher pitched voice due to pinching his nose

"Oh no it's fine, that's all she's getting today" Cheryl insisted, sending a scolding glare to her girlfriend.

"What the-"

"Shh"

They both help Sweet Pea to his feet and Cheryl gets him a towel for his nose.

"So besides getting attacked by Mrs. Punch first ask questions later, how was training today?" She asks the tall boy who smiles through his pain.

"Not bad, Blossom"

"Thanks" she smiled brightly and tipped back and forth on her tippy toes, waiting for Toni to say something.

"So, my girl's a fighter hm?" Toni asks Sweet Pea while keeping a proud eye on her girlfriend who's cheeks were reddening.

"Oh she's a fighter, Secret Weapon has definitely gone up a level"

Toni glances away from Cheryl, to the sparring gloves on the floor.

"Let's test it" she proposed, waiting to see what Cheryl would say.

"Spar with you? No no Toni I-"

"-Cher c'mon it'll be fun" The pink haired serpent replied, fairly certain this was going to go smoothly.

She took off her leather jacket, leaving her in just a crop top and her black jeans. Not at all dressed for the occasion but she's fought ghoulie's in a skirt before so this was gonna be a piece of cake.

Or so she thought until her girlfriend was standing in front of her, face hidden behind her gloves and Toni genuinely felt a little unsure she was going to come out on top of this.

They exchanged a few punches, nothing that wasn't easy avoidable and clearly Sweet Pea focused more on showing Cheryl defense.

Toni was struggling to land a single punch until Cheryl tripped up on her feet for a split second allowing her fist to land on the red head's chin.

The shorter girl immediately stopped, going as far as even pulling off her gloves which was a grave mistake.

Cheryl countered with a painful uppercut dropping Toni to her knees to catch her breath.

A fit of coughs were then interrupted with laughter.

"Okay...so she really is a fighter" She let's out in a groan and Cheryl kneels to place a light kiss on her girlfriend's head

"By now you should learn to not underestimate me"

"Never again, baby"

Just a short cute little idea I had, hope you liked it 😊 HAPPY NEW YEAR BITCHES

-yaya🌈