bad night gone good

Toni wasn't used to being stood up.

Ever since she turned 13 dating had come fairly easy for her.

She assumed it would be just as easy breezy with the it girl of riverdale high but sitting in an almost empty diner alone waiting for said girl was starting to change her mind about that fact.

She's now on her third milkshake and the burger she'd ordered was half way gone just like the fries.

Cheryl was running an hour late for their first date and Toni was ready to throw in the towel.

She stood up from the booth and dropped down some cash for the meal she'd ordered and the milkshakes.

"Night, Pop" She waves goodbye to Pop Tate and opens the door to step outside.

Walking slowly to her bike she listened to the sound of her shoes against the gravel and then suddenly the sound of a car pulling up is all she can focus on.

She looks over at the red impala pulling all the attention in the barren parking lot.

Cheryl steps out of the car and Toni shakes her head, keeping her eyes on the bike that she's getting closer and closer to.

"Toni!" Cheryl yells to the girl but she doesn't turn around.

Instead she straddles her bike and makes a move to put her helmet on, pretending not to notice the vixen walking up to her.

"It's 10 to closing but I'm sure Pop will let you in for a quick bite to eat" She let's out rudely and Cheryl sighs stopping a few steps away from Toni but keeping her gaze on the serpent who is obviously angry with her.

"It wasn't my intention to miss our date I just got caught up in Betty's family drama and I lost track of time-"

Toni scoffed at the girl's excuse and turned the key to the ignition, bringing the engine to life

"It's fine, bombshell no need to waste your breath" she kicks up the stand and is dead set on taking off until Cheryl placed her hands on the handle bars and stood in front of the bike, forcing Toni to stay put.

"Give me a chance to fix this" she pleads and Toni wishes she wasn't already so entranced by the redhead because it was basically impossible to say no.

"Hop on" Toni orders as she takes off her helmet and hands it to Cheryl.

"But..the car I-"

"It'll be fine here c'mon bombshell trust me" the flirty tone of voice seemed to work easily on Cheryl who accepted the helmet and got on the back of Toni's bike.

Once she wrapped her arms around the serpent's waist, Toni rode off from the Pop's parking lot and drove the familiar path to the Southside.

Sunny side trailer park was all but quiet at this time of night and usually she'd be entertaining herself with a nightcap and meaningless conversation with the boys but tonight she was in the best of company and she wanted to do something a little different.

It was supposed to their date in the first place after a meal at Pop's.

"Are you sure it's safe at this time?" Cheryl asks careful not to be too loud and Toni laughs

"When you're with me you don't have to worry about anyone hurting you, Cher" the ginger smiles at Toni's words and clings to her arm.

Toni leads them to a trailer at the end of the park and let's go of Cheryl to arrange some crates next to the trailer.

"If you get too cold you can have my jacket" She says and adds a wink at Cheryl as she finishes setting up the crates and then starts ascending to the top of the trailer

"Can I ask what this is about?" Cheryl says loudly and for once having to look up at Toni.

Toni reached for something on the roof and then revealed her camera and a sketch book

"I thought you could show me how to draw and I could show you how to take some really cool shots...and um...stargazing?" she rambles adorably and Cheryl smirks, stepping up onto the crates the same way Toni did in order to meet at the top.

"Sounds amazing" she notices Toni's cheeks tint and then she's pulled to sit on a neatly arranged blanket.

Toni flips on a lantern and begins adjusting her camera.

"Toni?" Cheryl asks the pink haired girl who's very focused on the device in her hands.

"Why do you like photography so much?" Toni glances up at Cheryl with what can only be explained as heart eyes and prepared her answer.

"My parents passed away when I was 8 and the only thing I had left of them was a box of old polaroids and even thought the memories are kinda fuzzy I still have that reminder and...I don't know that just makes me happy so I take them to make people happy and capture special moments" Cheryl listens to all that Toni has to say and not once does the smile leave her face.

"That was beautiful, I like that...capturing special moments it's lovely" Cheryl reaches for one of the pencils and the sketch book so graciously provided by the pink haired serpent "My family has always been more of a painted portrait type"

"Well what do you prefer?" Toni asks curiously and Cheryl doesn't miss a beat when answering

"If you're behind the camera, Topaz I would frame every picture you take"

Toni lifts the camera to her eye and snaps a quick shot of Cheryl.

"Put that one of the list to frame" Toni smirks at the ginger who cannot stop smiling and she feels really content with the way her night ended.

Maybe it's not the best first date but she's got the north side princess and a star lit sky, tonight was a win.

A\N super short quick one shot that I thought of because this would be the best date ever and I'm starved for love 😭 anyway more to come when I actually sleep 😂 hope you liked it