all these years

Break ups are easy for no one.

The tears and the ache in your chest and the feeling like a knife twisting in your stomach is...horrific to say the least.

Except when you know you'll be back to them.

Toni and Cheryl were Riverdale's most secure and perfect couple.

No one saw the break up coming and no one thought it would last.

After graduating, Cheryl got into NYU with Veronica while Toni opt for community college to stay close enough to take care of the serpents.

Jughead and Betty both chose to go off to college as well leaving the gang basically to die out but Toni wasn't letting that happen.

So she let her girl go.

She met the redhead at thistlehouse and gave her one final kiss before saying her peace.

"Don't cry, bombshell" she wipes the tears cascading down the pale cheeks and places a light kiss atop the girl's head. "You are going to do amazing things and you are going to have the time of your life okay?"

"I could still stay...I can-"

"No. If you stay you're going to regret it and eventually you're going to resent me for it and I am not letting that ruin us. Go to New York. Meet new people. Cause some chaos" she manages to laugh through her tears "After you're done with all of that, you come back to me okay? Then we start out forever"

Cheryl cuddles into the shorter girl's warm embrace and cries into the leather jacket that she's grown to love so much.

"What if you meet someone or-" Toni pulls away to look into the redhead's eyes

"Baby no one is going to take your place. You are forever more my one and only, Cheryl Blossom"

That was 6 years ago and since then they haven't spoken.

They kept tabs on each other of course.

Veronica and Archie did the whole long distance thing so Toni took the chance to ask about her redheaded love and she seemed to be doing well for herself.

Majoring in Psychology with a minor in art just like Toni had pushed her to.

Cheryl also used Veronica as her informant hearing all the details about how the serpents ran the ghoulies out of town and now they've been basically relaxing and enjoying the peaceful side of life for once.

Toni threw herself into school and photography and even bartended a few nights down at the Whyte Worm which Cheryl expected.

Now the redhead stands outside said bar, itching to get inside and see the girl who's been on her mind since the second she left Riverdale.

She has her red leather jacket on proudly for the first time in years and as soon as she steps inside, she feels at home.

From the deafening sound of house music to the smell of cigarettes and alcohol, home sweet home.

Sweet Pea and Fangs who are playing at a pool table immediately notice her in a sea of black leather jackets and run over to her.