48

He watched Annabeth laying down in the luscious field of grass and colorful florals, raising her hands up towards to sky as though she could touch the clouds if she reached enough. 

She sighed and let her hands fall beside her, before sitting up. Some loose grass pieces stuck in her orange shirt, and she quickly dusted them off. 

Percy was entranced, watching the grass flutter back down to where it belonged.

"Well, have you decided?" 

Percy shook his head to focus and looked up. "What?"

Annabeth gave him a look, eyebrows raising to say 'you know what I mean'. 

He looked down at the innocent green blades of grass, twiddling in the wind. 

"No.. I haven't." 

"Hmm.." Annabeth plucked a weed and twirled it between her fingers, staring at it with intense concentration.

She flung it back towards the rest of its weedly friends, and she leaned back facing towards him again. 

"Better decide soon, yeah?" 

Percy sighed. "You always somehow manage to sound like a know-it-all no matter what you say." 

Annabeth's face split into a wide grin.

"I'm your wise girl after all! My seaweed brain."

.

.

.

Percy felt like he was floating. There were no thoughts in his brain, just a pleasant fuzziness that blocked out any and all doubts and fears that burdened him every second. 

He wished he could stay like this forever. 

But the nagging feeling wouldn't let go. A clog in his chest that felt like guilt.

Percy sighed, staring up at the blue sky spread above him. One the one hand, he didn't really want to go back. He didn't want to go back to feeling miserable on the same plane of existence where everyone else was. The same people he used to trust with his life. 

On the other hand, he would feel sorry for leaving behind his makeshift family, Alice, Alpha. And for not explaining the whole story to Vildred, who deserved to have at least that. 

But Chaos... it would be okay to not go back, right? Percy closed his eyes as he tried to recall the faint voice he heard before passing out. 

Something like you did well.. you served me well... 

Wasn't that approval? He technically had the thumbs-up to move on. His role was over, and Chaos would likely find a replacement for him anyways... probably.

Percy groaned, laying an arm over his eyes. There was too much to factor in, he just wanted to stop thinking all together. 

Maybe just once, he really did wish his brain was made of seaweed. He could almost imagine Annabeth's reaction. A smirk, an annoying I told you so  expression plastered across her face that he came to be all too familiar with over time.

He turned over to his side, closing his eyes to the breeze gliding across his face and hair. 

He'd likely have to face the others if he went back. It was already out of the bag that he was Percy Jackson. How would they react to seeing him again in the flesh? After all that happened in the past?

How would he face real-life Annabeth?

His father?

Ugh, Jacob. 

Annoyance started to flood him, so Percy wacked his fast against the ground and looked back up at the sky again. Blue is such a nice color...

He stared, and stared. 

Stared some more. 

The light was kind of hurting his eyes now. 

Right, decision. Decision.

He always sucked at making decisions...

"Annabeth.." 

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I'll go back." Percy heaves himself up to sit, and faces her. She was holding a book in her hands, her right index finger pointing at the spot where she left off at to look back at him.

She looked almost ethereal, with wispy strands of golden hair dancing in the wind around her glowing face. Her grey eyes glinted in the light.

"I'll see you later, seaweed brain."

.

.

.

***

Percy gasped.

A lonely lamp swung lazily above him, dimly illuminating its surroundings. It was as if a gust of wind was fiddling with it absentmindedly, in a daze. 

His eyes felt heavy. 

Ah..

He wanted to sleep.

"You're awake!" a voice pierced through his muffled ears with clarity.

Percy's eyes flicked towards the source of the voice, and for a second he couldn't really make anything out until their face came closer. 

"Good mORNING!!!"

With some mustered effort, Omega managed to haul himself to a somewhat sitting position. He looked around to get some bearings of where he was.

"How're you feeling? You were out for a pretty long time, you know," Alice said. 

"How long?" Omega rasps, voice evidently unused for several days.

"I'd say..mmm.. a week?"

"What're you blabbing about....that's not long at all."

Alice gasped. "Not long!?" She fisted her chest with much exaggeration.

"You underestimate the pain and suffering we felt while you were gone, sir!" She swiped her hand across her face as if she was wiping away a tear. 

"You're so lame," another voice joins. Alpha walks in holding a glass of water in one hand and a towel in the other. His face his slightly red, most likely coming back after working out. "Hey, commander. Nice to see you up."

Omega silently accepts the glass. He stares at it before downing it all at once. After wiping away a runaway droplet on the corner of his mouth, he hands the cup back.

"What happened?" Omega asks quietly. He looks at Alice first, then to Alpha. They give each other a silent look, before turning towards him again. Alice rests a hand on Percy's laying limp on the thin, wrinkled blanket. 

"Where to start? We won! That's for sure!" Alice starts.

"Yeah, Zeus looked like he was going to lose his sh- OOMF" Alpha bends over in pain, a fist sent directly to his gut.

"..wh-while say-saying th-thanks.." he finishes, gasping.

"Chaos also ordered us back as soon as possible, so we left right when we got back to camp from Olympus," Alice continues. "And so now we're here! The infirmary!" Alpha does a little ta-da with his hands behind her, still hunched over. 

"I see," Omega mutters before falling silent. 

"Help me up. I have to meet Chaos."

Alice stands slowly, and lends a hand. "Sure, what for?"

Omega accepts it and gets out of the bed. He sways slightly, dizzy from standing up too suddenly. He takes a moment to regain some balance before heading towards the door.

"Not sure... I  just get the feeling I need to tie some loose ends."

***

My bad for any punctuation, spelling, and/or grammar mistakes. Thanks for any comments and/or votes~

Thanks for reading!