38

A million thoughts started appearing and duplicating then multiplying by 35 and eventually ending up in an isolated corner of his mind that he never even knew existed.

That's how bad it was. It was like a dormant panic monster had awoken and making his brain go haywire. And man, was he glad it didn't affect him physically or he'd be dead.

Understatement of the year.

Those trillions of million thoughts, however, were replaced by one single memory.

It was of her.

Annabeth.

Why it was of her in this sort of situation, he will probably never know.

Because he's only remembering the good parts about her.

Her smile, her blonde hair that always shines in the sun. He remembers her bold, strong eyes.

And then the negative thoughts come rushing in.

Omega shook his head slightly, to clear out his head. He didn't like this crawly feeling going through his body in waves. He feels insecure.

He's almost at his destination, about to join up with the rest of his group.

The feeling of insecurity stays.

As he continues onwards, he feels colder.

He recalls being in many wars, many battles against monsters that others thought he wouldn't be able to win against. This was sort of like that, except there was no battle. There was no pressure. Was that why? Was he just not used to not fighting?

Omega saw Nico ahead and leading the others closer and closer to the campsite.

Focus..

Focus.

Deep breath.

Exhale.

Focus.

Omega spotted Alpha a far distance away. And then a group of titans.

Not a group, maybe three? Four.

Four.

Omega smirked. His mask was back in place.

Nico looked back a smidge enough to see Pe- Omega's figure. He felt concerned instantly.

Percy wasn't Percy. And he didn't know how Omega was normally. Most likely the one to never give away facial expressions, feelings, etc.

A no-faced man.

Omega was quick with his work. In a few seconds, he was able to take down all four monsters.

It seemed like Gaea and Kronos managed to gather the major powers in one area, here.

Omega turned slightly and saw Alpha and Alice moving in closer to the heart of the camp site.

Hopefully, they'd stay safe.

They'll stay safe. He'll make sure of it.

No matter what.