31 (n.v.)

“We sent a scout towards this side of the forest and she spotted the enemy’s camp just around this area,” a teen around 15 or 16 said, pointing to a cluster of trees on the map.

“So, has she reported anything else?” Annabeth asked. The teen sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “She didn’t have the time. Some minor titan spotted her and she had to return back immediately.” He shrugged and picked up a black marker, circling the spot he pointed out was the enemy’s camp.

An army soldier with black hair, clearly dyed, stood from her seat abruptly.

“Soldier, you’re saying an experienced scout couldn’t scout enemy territory because of a mere titan?” Vildred Lee, one of the new recruits that rose up in the ranks of the army faster than usual, said in a livid voice. Alice was quick to see that she was short-tempered as well. She remembered Omega saying to be careful of what you’re saying around her.

“Well… she wasn’t exactly experienced but she did say that the situation called for it when I asked.”

Vildred cursed under her breath and sat down. Alice frowned at her behavior. She didn’t want campers to see this side of their soldiers.It dishonored her, Alpha, Omega, and all the other superiors, especially the Lord.

Annabeth bit her lip and looked at Alice. “Can we work with just a location?”

Alice smirked and closed her eyes, opening them a few seconds later.

“Who do you think you’re talking to? I’m not just the top medic in all the armies under the Lord, I’m also the top tactician chosen to be Omega’s right hand.” Annabeth’s eyes lit up. “Does that mean you can come up with something?”

Alice paused, smile frozen on her face. She quickly looked down, fingers on her chin as if observing something carefully, pouring her every thought into it. “Umm.. I might need just a little more… detailed layout of this area to do that.”

“Send out two scouts this time. Make sure they cover every inch of that area,” Annabeth said to the teen.

“Yes ma’am.”

Alice stood from her seat as soon as the doors shut behind the teen. Vildred saw and followed, standing up as well.

“I need to get back to the commander. He still isn’t well enough to be alone,” she said and started heading out.

Annabeth bit her lip, seeing the two soldiers about to head out. “Wait!”

Vildred turned and glared, Alice just looked back calmly.

“Thank you.. for working with us even after what we did to you..”

Alice could see clearly in the girl’s eyes that she meant it. Vildred’s expression softened just a little bit before hardening again.

Even Vildred can feel emotions, Alice smiled inwardly, wait ‘till Alpha finds out.

“Goodbye.”

Annabeth felt helpless as she saw the two soldiers leave the room. She felt a thousand things coming from the both of them when they turned to look at her. But she was glad. They weren’t feeling any anger towards the campers. She was at least grateful for that.

“You can go back to the mansion now. Thanks for accompanying me,” Alice said, pointing towards the mansion. Vildred followed her finger and turned back to her.

“May I join you to see the commander?”

Alice raised an eyebrow. Then she realized.

“OH! You never saw the commander before because you joined us just a few days ago… right?” Alice grinned and slung an arm around Vildred’s shoulder.

“That’s why I kept on telling you. Ya should’ve focused on the training regimen rather beating the other soldiers around you to get first place!” Alice laughed out loud.

Vildred turned away from her, face red from embarrassment. Let the narrator explain how this works.

All soldiers are chosen by Chaos himself. When he sees potential, he comes and gets you to join the Soldier Discipline and Training Academy (SDATA). At SDATA, ordinary people train to become to best of the best soldiers. To do this, they are each given a special schedule made specifically for them. It’s detailed to the point where it tells you when you eat, sleep, train, study, take classes etc. The teachers there are all either senior soldiers or commanders. Soldiers are also ranked separately on studies and abilities. It’s based on your ranks whether you graduate or not. Every year, the people with ranks 5 or above in both studies and abilities graduate. If you stay at a rank lower than 50 for more than exactly 30 days, you are moved to the Fledgling Training Regimen Facility (FTRF). This is where soldiers are assigned private trainers to improve themselves until they get the ok from their trainers to enroll in SDATA again. Once a soldier graduates from SDATA, they become a real soldier who needs experience. From this point, they roam around trying out in different armies as a temporary guest (TG).

All 12 armies are ranked on how well they carry out missions, fight wars (which rarely happen), keeping their relationships with one another, etc. This all relies on the three superiors that lead an army, the commander, lieutenant, and tactician/medic. The rest depends on the soldiers in the army. Once a soldier decides that it wants to join a certain army, they sign up for tryouts. Tryouts are held on the same date for all armies. The first day of winter.

On the day of tryouts, soldiers that signed up for a specific army are tested. The three superiors judge how well the soldier does in all fields (written tests, endurance, strength, name something and it’ll be there. seriously) and decide whether or not the soldier may join. If the soldier doesn’t make it in, they can have a decision on either trying out armies as a TG until the next tryouts or go into the FTRF to train harder to get better. Tryouts can take days, weeks, even months to complete. Omega’s army is the hardest army to get into, even as a TG. This is why most soldiers set their eyes on being the best to become an elite soldier. No soldier has ever failed to be enlisted as an official soldier of an army.

Many pre-soldiers in SDATA made the mistake of focusing on ranks rather than their actual progress. This got most of them in FTRF, where they realized what they were doing wrong.

Vildred made the same mistake.

“I’m sorry ma’am. I was wrong to think tha-”

“Calm down! I was only teasing you. Let’s go see the commander together!” Alice led Vildred towards a group of campers. Three of them were wearing blue T-shirts while the rest were wearing gray. Before the official training started, Omega asked that all the campers wear the colors that can clearly portray their god parents. Blue was for Poseidon, gray was for Athena.

Vildred remembered reading from a history textbook back in SDATA that Poseidon and Athena absolutely hated each other. Seeing their kin mingle with each other, she couldn’t help but let out a small laugh. Alice saw this and smiled.

“You know, Omega was shocked when he found out that Poseidon was getting closer to Athena. Crazy, isn’t it?” She found Omega’s eyes and ran over to him, waving her arm like crazy. Vildred followed in suit.

Alice pulled Omega over to check his health and stamina to see if he was okay. She talked to the campers and they ran off. She probably told them to run a number of laps, or something.

Vildred’s gaze grew dangerous.

“Crazy… huh?”

...  Heh....
Since i missed March's chapter, im gonna do 2 in April instead.
I dont know when ill be starting the next chapter but im pretty sure ill start around the second to last week of april cuz theres stuff thats coming up..its stressful
Idk.
So yeah..
See ya guys soon!! (...in a few weeks)

O. And sorry that dis chapters so short!!!!!(ill try making it long nxt time... I hope)