43

Jacob was furious. Everyone was surrounding the so called "commander" asking if he was okay as SOON as they got back. Yea, wHO cares about their best demigod who just WENT TO THE MONSTER FKRIKCIGN CAMP and came back...ALIVE.

He was furious. Did he mention that yet. Then he heard someone speak up louder than the crowd.

"Did you get them? Gaea and Kronos!?"

Jacob straightened in realization. He took heavy steps towards Omega.

"OH YEAH! WHAT HAPPENED TO LET'S DEFEAT KRONOS AND GAEA. WASN'T THE WHOLE PURPOSE TO GO THERE AN-"

A chuckle.

Jacob faltered and his arm drooped from pointing jaggedly at the commander.

"What's so funny?"

"Because."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'BECA-'"

"You're an idiot." Omega slowly stood, and the crowd backed away slowly. It was dark in the Big House with just several sources of light here and there. It just made him look more intimidating.

Jacob gaped. And then slowly took a step forward.

"How DARE you say that to ME-"

"It's my team. They know their stuff."

Jacob crossed his arms and smirked. "Then that's your mistake when they come back all-"

"Otherwise, they would've already died a long time ago."

The demigod's face held confusion, but there was dread in what Omega would say next.

"What.."

Omega started to walk towards him, people clearing away to make a path, not that it was that crowded.

Omega stood several centimeters from Jacob, his figure towering over him.

Jacob swallowed.

"You should've heard by now. It's pretty standard that all the members in this army are able to take down gods."

Jacob opened his mouth.

"How.."

"Good training facility?"

Jacob bit his lip. Then he laughed.

"Minor gods right? Even I could take down a minor god."

Omega stared at him blankly. He walked past him and headed for the door.

Jacob felt tension leave his body and he laughed more confidently.

"SEE! I TOLD YOU! YOU AREN'T THAT GREAT AFTER ALL!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM COME BACK ALL-"

"Psst."

Jacob turned.

He shrieked.

"HeLLOO THERE!!!"

Alice stood in the middle of the room along with Alpha. Jacob heard Alpha mutter to Chiron.

"We took the halfies to the Apollo kids."

Jacob saw Chiron nod, but just barely.

Alice suddenly jumped into his vision.

"Aren't you glad to see us back? Tip-top shape, too!"

Alpha walked towards Alice and he nodded.

"Let's go. He wants to hear from us."

Alpha vanished on sight.

Alice stared at where he was just standing barely a second ago. Then she turned to the small crowd of demigods, her back facing Jacob.

"For now, we're going to report to our commander. But don't worry! We'll make sure to tell you what's currently happening soon!"

She turned to face Jacob

and left the building.