14(suicide attempt)

Third Person P.

She doesn't love him. 

Percy figured that out as soon as he woke up. Apollo visited him daily to make sure he was stable at all times. He sometimes suggested him to get a breather outside, 'hospital' air isn't that good for you, you know. 

But Percy was deep in thought. Way deep. 

So deep, he started to wonder what the point of life was. 

At first before any of this happened, the point of life used to be Annabeth. The pretty girl with princess curls and unique personality. The girl that used to call him Seaweed Brain because of his silly yet dumb mistakes. The girl who deeply cared for him and help him in hard times. The girl who always laughs at his 'not' silly jokes. 

The girl who scarred him for life.

So, Percy started to think about a new point of life. A new point that would always exist. 

But as hard as he tried, nothing approached his empty mind. And as time passed, he soon found it hopeless to ever find a new point in life again. 

Percy laid there on the cot, alone and trapped behind curtains.

Suddenly, a thought appeared in his head. He started to painfully sit up and detached the wires holding him in a stiff position. 

He looked around the room. 

If there isn't a point in life, what's the point of living? 

If there is a point in life, there's always a point in living. 

So.. since he doesn't have anything to live for, why live at all?

Percy's eyes found a sparkling silver tool sitting on a table outside the safety of the curtains.

A knife.

He started standing up and slowly moved towards the knife. He just had to reach it.

His knees started to buckle underneath him just as he stood beside the table. Percy reached up to the table and started feeling around for the knife.

His fingers finally entwined itself with the knife's blade and he brought it up to his face to look at it's simple beauty. 

Blood was already running down his fingers but he didn't seem to notice. 

Luckily, or maybe unluckily, nobody was around in the infirmary.

Hint: it was midnight.

Percy slowly brought the sharp blade of the knife towards his wrist. He felt his heart's beating thumping in his ears louder and louder as he dug the knife into his veins. 

It felt good. Really good. As if all the pain in the world that he was experiencing was being released from his head. Finally free to relax.

He slashed again and again, losing count after 16 slashes.

Big black dots started appearing in his vision. For some reason, it looked like droplets of blood splattered against white tiles of a floor. 

Luckily, or maybe unluckily, Otis(Lets pretend he's an apollo kid) walked into the room to check on his stats. 

By then, Percy had collapsed on the floor, fainting from blood loss with the knife loosely held in his right hand. A pool of blood already started forming, rapidly growing faster. 

"Oh my gods. CHIRON! ANNABETH! WILL! ANYONE! HELP!" Otis ran outside screaming for help. 

Lights started turning on inside each cabin, casting dark shadows on the moon lit grass.

"What's going on!?" Annabeth asked as she ran over towards Chiron and Otis who were racing towards the infirmary.

When Annabeth and Will, who caught up to her, reached the infirmary where Chiron and Otis were, they couldn't help but gasp at the sight before them.. 

Almost immediately Annabeth got out of her shocked state and yelled,

"DO SOMETHING! HE'S GOING TO DIE IF YOU DON'T! WHAT ARE YOU STANDING THERE FOR!" which snapped Will into action.

He bent down next to Otis, who was trying to stop the bleeding from Percy's wrist. 

Will looked around and grabbed a roll of gauze from .. somewhere... and started wrapping it around Percy's wounded wrist. Almost at once, blood started to bleed through the gauze staining it red. 

"Let's get him on a cot first," Will said and grabbed Percy's arms, careful not to hold Percy's wrist while Otis grabbed his legs.

Together, the lifted Percy like a rag and laid him on the cot he was in before. 

"Okay, EVERYBODY OUT!" Will yelled. 

Annabeth didn't notice the crowd of campers the stood behind her. They all had worried and scared expressions planted on their faces. The older kids held the little ones, hiding Percy from their sight so they didn't have to see the blood. 

"I said EVERYBODY OUT!" Will yelled again.

The campers soon started to file out of the infirmary but Leo, Jason, and Piper stayed behind.

"Why would he want to.. you know." Jason made a sound as he swept his flat hand across his neck.

"It's all my fault," Annabeth said after a pause. "I ignored him, I said.. I said I couldn't love him anymore because I have Jacob. I was so stupid for saying that to him, especially when he was in this state." Tears started to slide down her cheeks, and she wiped them away with her hand. 

"It'll be okay, I'm sure it will," Piper said softly, laying a hand on her shoulder.

"No it won't. Don't you get it? I BROKE him! I tore the last remaining thing anchoring him to sanity! HOW CAN THAT BE OKAY!?" Annabeth burst into tears as she sobbed. 

"Shhh.." Piper said soothingly, hugging her.

"I broke him, I broke him.. Oh gods I broke him for life," Annabeth kept sobbing into Piper's shoulder.