Chapter 5

Did he just fall asleep, just like that? I took the baby from her arms, and her eyes fluttered open.

"Where am I?" Her angelic voice said. She sounds about 3 or 4 years old.

"Sweetie. You're with Milo, but he is sleeping." I said quietly, showing her not to wake him up. He probably hasn't had any sleep since his mom went out to sort some 'grown-up' stuff.

"She's Willow." I pointed to the direction of a slightly sleepy Willow.

"Willow, Willow just like a pillow." She giggled, and that was just so darn adorable.

"Trust me. She is the opposite of the pillow." I chuckled, and Willow gave me her deadliest glare.

"I'm Kyla." I pointed to myself.

"Lyla?" She asked, pronouncing my name wrong.

"Kyla." I pronounced the syllables of my name. I read a study that shows that babies understand better if you say things or repeat things a little slower than usual.

"Kyla." She rubbed her adorable Hazel eyes.

It was 9 pm, and I was also exhausted, but I knew Miley was going to eat and then sleep. I had to try and make her sleep after she eats.

"Are ya hungry, little buddy?" I ruffled her hair a little bit.

"Yeah!" She wrapped her hands around my neck. She was warming up to us faster than Milo ever was. It's probably because it's a girl.

I put her down, and she ran her chubby little legs to the kitchen.

"Kyla, I need to go. I'll explain when I come back." She said with a serious expression on her face. I thought she was tired just now, but I guess when business calls, you have to answer.

"Okay, but what about school tomorrow?" I asked, arching my eye a bit.

"Honey, we are not in high school anymore, so to hell with it." She said, and I shrugged, not knowing how to respond to that preposterous statement. She was right, although judging by the way she doesn't care for school. I wonder what she was like in high school.

"Oh okay, but what about them?" I gestured to Milo and Miley at the kitchen.

"You can sleep here if you want." She said, and with that, she went out of the door. She still didn't answer my question.

I walked to the kitchen to pick Miley up and set her on the counter as I found something to make her some special mash potatoes mixed with bacon bits. Trust me, it is delicious.

I had her on my waist while I was tossing the bacon bits like a master chef. While I was doing that, she was attempting to style my hair because I had not styled it nicely.

I waited for the potatoes to boil before I could mash them. While waiting, I heard a phone ring. It was a telephone which Willow had by her chest of drawer.

I went to go and pick it up. Before I answered it, I thought it could be someone asking for Willow

"Hello?" I answered the call whilst trying to get Miley to stop pulling my hair.

"You don't sound like you sound like Willow. You sound like the ragazza. Where the hell is Willow?" He basically barked over the phone. Geez, calm down, would you?

"I don't know." I calmly said while getting Miley's grabbed little hands off the bush I call my hair.

"I'm coming there." He said firmly, and he hung up.

Okay. I can see how this'll go if he sees Milo and Miley. I'm sure he's not that heartless as to kill them... maybe. I calculated the estimated arrival time depending on the acceleration he'll use in his car, which is probably really fast.