Chapter 11

I had no choice but to follow her plan. We walked through the garden and the huge yard until we got to the oak trees. The light was coming towards me, and I hadn't started getting up the tree, so I hid behind the bark of the trees.

The light went on, and I estimated it would come back in about 6 to 8 seconds. I got on the tree. The leaves hid me from the light, and the window was open. I did leave the window open, so I'm guessing it's my room.

The clothes were left in the car and there were just too many to take so we left them. That was my idea.

Calculating the trajectory of the angle I need to use, multiplied by the velocity I need to put in, in order to make it without dying.

Oh. There's a branch that leads me directly to the window. Willow and Sky switched off the lights so it would seem like they were sleeping. They successfully managed to sneak back in without being caught.

I stumped on the branch to make sure it would support my weight, and it did. I balanced slowly and the cool breeze blowing my hair all over the place. I made it, and I jumped on the window pain, making me land safely inside.

I felt the fluffy carpet underneath my shoes. It was dark, so I went straight to find the light switch, and this was definitely not my room. I might've gotten in the wrong room by mistake.

It had faint grey walls, a master bed, and a table. The bedroom was a little bigger than mine. I heard water running, and it stopped.

I panicked. What if it's Mr De Luca or Matteo's mom or Willow's mom?

I didn't know where to hide, so I stood there waiting for my fate to be foretold. This wouldn't be the first time I've gotten myself into trouble.

I saw the figure, and I almost choked on my own spit. It was Matteo but not just any Matteo, a shirtless Matteo.

A Matteo with a towel hanging down his V-line. A Matteo with wet hair and a Matteo who looks angry and is walking towards me now.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He took a step dangerously close to me. My eyes trailed down his toned chest, and I noticed he had a tattoo on the left side of his chest. It had some good penmanship.

"I got lost." My voice slightly getting hoarse when talking to him. I avoided eye contact with him.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you." He said harshly, and I looked up. His voice has the tendency to make you want to obey him. I met his blue eyes, which always seemed emotionless. Then I looked down.

"Now I'm gonna ask you again, ragazza, and you better answer me." His fingers grasped my chin painfully. I squirmed under his hold. I looked at him and I saw worry in his eyes but they quickly flickered away.

"I got lost ragazzo." I answered him, but my tone was filled with a little irritation. I've been nicer to people.

"What did I say about calling me, ragazzo?" He asked, pinning me to the wall.

For the first time, I had nothing to say since we were in such close proximity. His face was an inch closer to mine. His breath smelled like mint while mine probably smelled like the strawberry milkshake I had.

"Cat got your tongue." His hands made contact with my skin, and it felt as if his touch electrocuted me. The fact that he's shirtless and it makes it even worse.

"No." I answered, but my voice came off as hoarse.

"Good. Now you'll be able to answer me." His hands went from my arm to my waist, and I think I just got a little wet. I could feel my panties getting soaked, and he barely touched me.