Chapter 15

Wait a damn minute! I had just woken up. My phone was right next to me on the nightstand and also my glasses. I put on my glasses, and I read the notification on the phone.

It's says they have transferred 10 million dollars to my account, so I did an exchange rate from dollars to Euros. My money became €9,121 000. Close enough, I guess. I should've known that dollars here in European countries decrease but not too rapidly. These people must be seriously loaded if they send me 10 million dollars.

I woke feeling pretty excited about how I was going to use the money. I have never gotten this kind of money, so I had to use it wisely. I could finally buy a car. Yeah, a Ferrari! It is essential and stylish.

I took off my glasses, and I did my braids into a messy bun. I striped my clothes off to take a really needed shower.

I couldn't help but overhear Beau talking while I was in the shower. I was not eavesdropping, I was simply selectively hearing. She seemed to be talking about the phone.

I turned the shower off, and I wrapped the towel around  my body. I tiptoed myself to the closet so I could pick which clothing to wear today. My closet had this soft rug that I wasn't used to having. It felt soft under my feet. My closet has a lot more clothes now and a lot more shoes, that's for sure.

I was wearing my black denim mid thigh shorts and sneakers, and I was about to wear my shirt, but someone barged into my room.

She, luckily, turned to the closet and found me wearing my clothes. I was in my bra. It was Willow's mom, and she looked excited? People really need to learn how to knock around here.

She pulled me to the bed and told me to sit down. We went to my bed, and I obviously sat down.

"Hai un effecto su Matteo." She cooed whilst sitting down next to me.

Translation: You have an effect on Matteo.

"I am aware of that, yes." I raised an eyebrow to see where she's going to with this.

"He has never ever been affected by someone. Not even as a teenager. Not in his twenty years of life." She took both of my hands, her eyes glimmering with hope.

"Ragazza, sei chiaramente perfetto per lui." She said, gently squeezing my hands.

Translation: You are clearly perfect for him.

"Is he perfect for me?" I asked, looking into her brown eyes, and the hope may have gone down a bit.

"To be or not to be. That is the question." I said as I gently slid my cold hands away from her warm, soft hands. I love using Shakespeare as a reference.

"I'm not forcing you, and I've never seen my Matteo crack even a smile in the last fifteen years. You are the only one who bought it back." She said as she looked down, averting her eyes away from me. Matteo never used to smile?

Look. I think we pretty established that I used to have a crush on Matteo, but it was gone because he was being a jerk, and now it's coming back. I don't want to be in a relationship with him, and neither does he want to be in one with me. We barely see each other in the house, and I don't plan on staying here forever...

"With all due respect. I don't know if Matteo and I are going to work, but the least you could do is wait, and maybe the person who might be perfect for Matteo will walk in those doors." I finished and those words stinging my very sole. I turned to my drawers so I could take out a cap and a purse because I'm going out today.

She nodded with understanding, and she left me thinking about me, about Matteo and about us.

I walked out of my bedroom to the kitchen, and I saw Alessia, and she looked a little more grumpier than usual. I walked in at a slightly more respectable distance so I could make tea and eat the cookies in the jar.