Chapter 21

Today is the day we're going to the beach. I could not decide between a bikini or a full swimsuit. I guess I'll pack both if I have to.

Milo woke me up and said that I had slept for too many hours. I could never sleep for too many hours. Just because I value my sleep more than anything, even food and books does not mean I sleep a lot of hours. Sometimes.

I had a fanny pack for gum sweets and probably a gun. I decided to pack the bikini, the purple one. It looks good on me, I love the strings and the side of the panties.

Milo came into my room wearing shorts with summer patterns over them. Those summer leaves. The rest of his upper body was shirtless. I could still have the faint scars, but I'm glad they're fading. Milo is a strong little boy for overcoming this, and he'll grow up to be a very handsome boy.

"Are you ready for the beach?" Milo said, and I nodded. I was wearing white shorts and a black tanktop, which is what I seem to wear these days because of the sun's intense heat.

"Sunscreen?" I offered.

"Eew that stuff is yucky and oily." He backed away.

"Come on, Milo. You're the one who told me to bring a sunscreen." I lurked towards him, and he reluctantly agreed. I applied it on his back and face.

I told him to apply it on my back, and I also applied my face. I put the fanny pack in front, and I wore the same white slip-ins I wore yesterday, and we were good to go.

We were walking to the beach since they lived nearby, but first, Milo's mom asked me to help her open the restaurant.

I decided to wear contacts that changed my eye color to Hazel. It turns out that Sky packed extras like she knew that i would lose them. Which I did. So, I now knew that I could protect my eyes from the harsh sun's rays. We walked in, and it was a cozy establishment.

There was even a stage for anyone who wanted entertainment. The menu looked like it could be a family-friendly restaurant. I need to seriously get the recipes.

We took the chairs down and put them right side up. I opened the majority of the windows because it was stuffy and some air-conditioning. Now that was better.

People started coming in and so early and filled up the seats.

"Mi hija, I need you to do me an extra favor. Can you please waitress for about an our before the staff comes?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Good, now I need you to wear this apron and this cap." She gave me some clothing items, and I held them in my arms.

"This is what we call the morning rush." She pushed me over to the people already sitting down.

I decided to take it table by table in an organized manner. There was a lot of chattering, but the music tuned it out. It was not loud but you could hear the music.

"Hello. Welcome to Mamma's Mexican restaurant. What can I get you? I recommend the enchiladas mixed with the tamales. Weird combination but a delicious one nonetheless." I gave them an 'I'm so dedicated smile'. It was sincere. I promise!

I had to do that for about an hour, and I sat down at one of the tables.

"Thanks for your help. Now go have fun. I got this!" She waved me off, and I gave her a tired smile.

*************************************
I was at the beach and it was extremely hot and packed but the people seemed nice. There were surfers, swimmers, divers, and a lifeguard.

Milo pulled me to go meet his friend. His friend was just about his height and had dirty blond hair and crystal blue eyes. I'm guessing his skin has been tanned from being in the sun for too many hours.