Chapter 30

"Okay, seriously. We should get to work now." I said, and he whined like a child. I don't blame him, but as Mama used to say, procrastination is the thief of time.

We were playing ping-pong in the gaming room, and then we decided to take a break by watching a movie, so now it is time to work.

"What does this button do?" I asked he gave me an 'I don't know' look. I was referring to a button on a wall concealed by glass. I was curious to see what would happen if I pushed the button. We were sitting on beanbag chairs, but it caught my eye since it was bright red.

Curiosity killed the cat, my mind told me.

I shook my head after i thought of the worst-case scenarios that might happen, and I headed on to push the button. I first lifted the small glass cube that was covering the red button, and then I pushed it. Everything in the room started vibrating like solid particles. Uh-oh. I could feel the rocks beneath us moving, like tectonic plates switching right before an earthquake may occur.

"What did you do?" Blake asked suspiciously,  not taking his eye off the laptop. "Um." I didn't really have an excuse. It is obvious that I pushed the button. Maybe I am gonna get killed by my curiosity just like the cat.

The room started rotating, and I fell on the bean bag. Once the room stopped moving, I realized that we were no longer in the gaming room. The room we were in was dark, but as soon as the room settled, the lights started coming on one by one.

"Blake. Look." I pointed in excitement towards the millions of books. "You know we might be stuck here." He said calmly, and I didn't mind. His searched every inch of the library, whereas I got off the bean bag chair, and I strolled to every section in the library. My eyes gazed upon the books with admiration.

There were a lot of books to choose from and my hand felt each hard cover as passed each of them. "Did you know about this?" I turned to look at Blake, but he was focused, so he shook his head. Blake might be smart, but he is not exactly a bookworm.

I wonder if Willow didn't show me this part of the house because she thought I would spend my time in here, which is true. I love books. I would probably even sleep here, but the room looks old and dusty as if it were one of the secret rooms no one knew about.

I went to the section where there were system technologies. It was a whole section about computer programming, white hat hacking, or black hat hacking.

I was getting distracted, but it was a good distraction. There were multilingual books consisting of Portuguese, Russian, Italian, French, and so on.

I went back to the beanbag, and I took out my laptop. I realized that Blake likes to get things done quickly, so I wouldn't want to hold him up.

Blake and I enjoyed the silence of working here. I could see how relaxed he was around the silence of the room. I also enjoyed working here. Nothing could distract us here well, except the books.

************************************
I saw black hair, but I got up realizing that both Blake and I fell asleep. We were in a very awkward position, I mean, how did I get covered by Blake's hair. "Blake." I asked in a grogy voice.

"Oh shit. We fell asleep." He abruptly got up and fixed his glasses. His eyes flickered on to our close proximity, but he averted his eyes away from me, and so did I. I should admit that Blake is pretty attractive, but he just doesn't have what Matteo has.

His light green eyes searched around the room. He eyes settled on an object across the room. I went to see where his line of vision went.

"We can try an get out there." He pointed to a brown mysterious door. In a horror movie, would you go down that mysterious brown?