Chapter 39

Kyla's P.O.V
I was currently feeling out an application at night for Zoey to start school here in Italy as an exchange student, which is currently available. One problem, though. She wasn't in any school before here.

Talk about parenting at an early age.

She needs an exchange student program because she does not know how to speak Italian, but she does know Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian, which is kind of weird.

Matteo went out to meet someone, and we were left with Marco in this big house. Maybe I could make a plan about the school thing because she can't just stay here and do nothing all day. She needs to socialize with kids here age.

I did manage to get her enrolled in an expensive school within my budget, and it offers Italian as their first additional language, which is not that big of a problem, so she might quickly grab it. I just need to meet up with the teachers tomorrow.

I looked at the flash drive Blake gave me, and it meant he had finished the software we were working on.

Blake did a great job. He did all the coding, and I'm impressed. He actually gave me the upper hand on Lucas, whoever he is.

I closed the laptop and I went to sleep.

**************************************
Matteo's P.O.V
I went into a small bar down the road. It was an abandoned bar that was apparently used for some shitty stuff like drugs or something. I entered alone as instructed.

I met Lucas, who had a chick sitting on top of him. She was high, I could see from the red eyes and the lack of clothes. Lucas did not pay attention to her at all.

"Leave." He said to the ragazza who looked like a prostitute. The girl met my eye, and she bit her lips as a way to seduce me, which did not work at all.

"Have a seat." Lucas said frustratedly, running his hands through his hair. It almost looked like how I usually do it.

"I'd rather stand." I said my skin, tingling from the urge to kill him and get the hell out of here. "I see." He said calmly.

"Well, I'll be brief. Who's the lady?" At first, I was confused as to who she was referring to. "And I would be stupid enough to give you that information. Why?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"She's beautiful. I could clearly see that she is not a prostitute. She's clean, yet feisty but also elegant at the same time." He looked up in the air while describing her. He had a little smile on his face.

"Yeah. Yeah. Is that what you asked me to come here for?" I asked as he started to stand up.

"You don't seem to appreciate her as much as I would. I'm sure he doesn't get any pleasure that she would get from me." He whispered the last part at the end.

I raised up my fist to punch him, but he dodged it. "It's only a matter of time. Your tricks are getting old. They've actually become predictable." He threw my hand back at me.

"You've waisted my time." I said, walking away. "Sooner or later, she will be mine, Matteo. You can count on that." He said, and I continued walking away.

My tricks are becoming older, huh? We'll see about that. I got in my car, and I drive straight to the base. I called Dante to meet me there, and of course, he whined about it. He always does.

************************************
I got inside the building, and of course, I was met with the Russian mafia leader, the old man. "Matteo. What are you doing here?" He looked panicked, and I raised an eyebrow.

"I work here, no?" I brushed past him, and I saw my men gathered by the training base. My second in command came to me.

"Don. I think we have a rat in here." He said, and I nodded for him to continue.

Nobody to Somebodyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें