Chapter 47

Kyla's P.O.V
I didn't sleep at all. Zoey is gone, and I've tried a thousand times to text Lucas, but he is not answering. Sky came inside my room, and she had a worried expression.

"So, umm, I heard all the news." She started as she sat on my bed. "So. Is it the Lucas that was bothering you or a different one?" She asked, and I gave her an incredulous look.

"It's the same person." I said frustratedly, contemplating whether or not should I tell her or not. Lucas probably has cameras, so if I tell Sky what if he does something to Zoey. He was extremely infuriating, and I could not believe it. He wouldn't do anything to Zoey. He couldn't.

On the contrary, he would. I mean, he does not have anything to lose. Literally anything. He's a psychopath.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, and she can feel something is terribly wrong.
"Umm, no. Everything is perfectly fine." I faked a smile, and she frowned.

"Now I know something is definitely wrong. What's wrong?" She persisted, and my phone vibrated, and I didn't need to look to see who it was. "Is it because Matteo's birthday?" I asked, and I nodded. I have to protect Zoey even if it means lying to my twin sister.

"You got me. I'm just so worried that he won't have time for me." I lied, and it wasn't easy to lie, especially to Sky. "Don't worry. He's head over hills for you." She patted my shoulder and went out of the room, and I took out my phone.

Lucas
I know Matteo's my brother. I won't tell my father that I know. I've got tabs on you, beautiful, and if you want your sister alive, you better do as I say.

Me
How do I know that you actually have her

That was a stupid question because he could already hear me speak.

Lucas
I thought you were smart:/

Me
Please, let me just hear her voice.

He called, and I heard sobs. My heart hardened when hearing those sobs. "Kyla. What's happening?" She sobbed, and a tear fell down from my eyes.

"Your choice, beautiful. I'm fair, though, so you have a week to decide or else." He said, and he hung up. A week. That gives me enough time, but Zoey is a smart kid, but she is still a kid nonetheless. So that's what Lucas meant when he said something at the club.

I went to take a shower, and I couldn't care less if he saw me taking a shower. I felt powerless, I felt broken. He can't do this to me. I sobbed still inside the rectangular glass as the shower water merged with my tears.

I can't lose Zoey, but I also can't leave Matteo. I love him too much to do that. Lucas has me cornered, I can't do anything.

I got out of the shower, and I wore the black hoodie Matteo gave me and black jeans with some sneakers. My hair was back to being puffy because of the water, so I decided to wear a beanie on top of my hair.

Thoughts like, will they feed her? Do they know her allergies? Is she okay? Does she have her stuffed animal with her? Is she still alive at this point? Went through my head.

I got out of the bedroom, and I joined the family for breakfast. By the family, I mean Gloria, Willow, Matteo, and Sky. "Hello." I tried to be cheerful, but I miserably failed.

I took a seat next to Matteo, and his scent at the very least comforted me. "Amore. Are you okay?" He asked, and out of the whole room, he is the one that can actually read me.

"Umm, I'm okay." I said, not even touching my food. My mind kept wondering off to Zoey. She was innocent, and she shouldn't have been involved. Maybe my parents were right, I can't take care of a child.