Chapter 20

Milo and I ended up watching the sunset before going to sleep. We were sitting on the porch swing, and I was listening to all Milo had to tell me. I loved hearing each and every part of it.

The sunset was beautiful, I love how the sky's blue hue complements the hue of the sky being orange. I've never seen a more beautiful sunset. When the sun went down, there were lights made by the rest of the city.

I slept peacefully in the room Milo's mom graciously provided me. Milo was so excited that I was sleeping over that he wanted to be in bed with me, so I let him, and we slept.

**************************************
I was woken up by the sun's rays reflecting the window, creating unnecessary light. I rubbed my eyes, noticing that some things were blurry only because I did not have my contacts on.

Milo had already woken up. He was feeling pretty excited about seeing his sister, and I was too. I hope she's feeling better.

"Milo. Could you get my glasses in my bag?" I croaked out with my morning voice. Let me tell you, it is not pretty.

I felt as if he tried to give me the glasses, and I took them. I wore them because I lost my spare contacts. Like I said, it's unreliable. I walked out of bed, and I checked my messages, and I had a lot of messages from Matteo telling me to come back home. Keyword: telling me not to ask me.

I switched off my phone, and I headed off to take a shower. I took a cold shower because it was already hot and it was like 9am. The water was a little warm and I think it's because of the heat. It is so hot.

After that, I came out, and I tied my hair into a puffy ponytail, and I put black pins to hold it up. I applied sunscreen first as Milo instructed me the last time, and then I wore denim blue shorts with some white bleach at the bottom and a white tank top with some white slip-ins.

I applied my fruity perfume and some lip gloss, and I took my purse, and then I was ready to go.

I went downstairs, and Milo's mom was looking beautiful. She was wearing a yellow sundress and some matching shoes. Her was tied into a back bun. She now had cornish skin, but nonetheless, she still is beautiful and a mother that I so wish to be one day.

"Come on, guys. We're going to the hospital and we don't want to be late." She said, giving us each a plate of food.

I quickly ate up, and I went to wash my plate. While doing so, my phone was vibrating, and I thought it was Matteo, but it was not. It was Adrian. Apparently, it could switch on by itself.

A
You're at Miami, and you didn't invite me?

Me
How do you know I'm there???

A
Because...

Me
Adrian

A
Fine. It is because I want to keep you safe for some shitty reason.

Me
Ncaww. A cares about me:)

A
Whatever. I just wanted to tell you that there are a couple of guys who work the heir of the French Mafia who know that you're here. I don't know who the person who keeps telling them where you are.

Me
Good.

It must be someone in the house who is tipping them off. If my suspicion is correct, I might need to do a little more investigation while I'm here.

"Can we ride in your car?" Milo asked while hugging my waist really tight.

Milo's mom gave me an apologetic smile, and I returned it with a thumbs up.