How it all started

Chapter 1:

I sat in my last class for the day. It was exactly 2:30 and I was tired as hell. After school, I was going to the new shopping center with my best friend, Crystal Sanders. We've been friends since the first grade and we always will be. Right now I was sitting in class half listening to my teacher while half wondering about that would keep myself awake.

"Ms. Jenkins?"

Oh, crap.

"Yes, Mrs. Montgomery?"

"Do you know the answer to the question that was asked?"

"No, I-I don't. Sorry I wasn't paying any attention," I stuttered.

 "Obiviously," she retorted. 

A few snickers came from the class. I sunk in my seat in embarrassment as a blush like wildfire covered my face. I didn't mean to but sometimes while I'm in class I end up day dreaming or thinking of something other than what's going on around. I honestly don't even know what class I'm in. I guess you can say that I'm a day dreamer.

"The question was: During which century did Shakespeare live?"

Oh, I'm in English.

"What is the answer Ms. Jenkins?"

I was going to stay mute but I could see that Mrs. Montgomery was quickly becoming impatient. I clearly didn't want to look like a idiot so I attempted to answer the question.

"Is it the-"

I was relieved when I was cut off by bell. I quickly gathered my stuff  in an effort to make it to the door without a lecture when Mrs. Montgomery decided to speak up.

"Not so fast everyone return to their seats until I dismiss you. I have an important announcement to make."

There were a couple of groans but we all returned to our seats, not wanting to waste any time.

"Starting tomorrow I will be assigning partners for our upcoming project. You and your partner will have to work together to create something about someone from the 16th century. I expect all of you to be here tomorrow. Class dismissed."

With that I gathered my belongings and made my way to the school parking lot where Crystal was waiting for me next to her car. She was smiling at her phone and then she looked up when she heard my footsteps coming towards her.

"Hey, Sophia." She greeted.

"Hey!" I replied.

She had this huge grin on her face that made me wonder what she has been up to. I was having this strong feeling I was going to find out soon. I entered her car and we drove off.

"So what's got you so happy today?" I asked.

"The best thing happened today! " she said as that huge grin reappeared on her face.

Oh Gosh. Here it goes.

"What happened?" I sighed.

Don't get me wrong I loved Crystal but we were two complete opposites. She was funny, smart, and outgoing and I was well, I was just me. Shy, nervous, and insecure. Those words described me perfectly. I'm surprised that we both even ended up as friends. Crystal was the exact opposite of me in every way, which was why we got along so well.

"So today in my Chemistry I got paired with Adam Sorenson!" She squealed.

"Really? I'm so happy for you Crystal !"

Adam was Crystal's crush since the 5th grade. I thought they'd be the perfect couple. They were both outgoing and drop dead gorgeous. Crystal had long curly blonde hair and hazel eyes. Any guy would fall for her in just minutes. 

"And the best part is he invited us to Angel Matthews's party! It's going to be so sick!" She shouted excitedly.

"Wait did I hear you wrong? Did you just say 'us'?" I said.

"Nope, you heard me completely fine I said 'us'?" She said.

I groaned and she parked her car near the entrance of the mall. We both got out of the car and started walking to the doors. She already knew what I was going to say so before I said 'no' she started complaining.

 "Come on Sophia please!" She whined.

 I was very reluctant about going to that party because of the amount of people going. All of Angel Matthew's parties were wild, and crazy. I rather hear about the things that happened at the party then actually go to it.

"I don't think so" I said in a solemn voice.

"Aww, come on! Why not?!"

We walked into Hollister and I began looking through t-shirts that were on sale.

"I highly doubt that I would fit in with everyone there. I'm just too different." I stated.

"Everyone is different. Come on Sophia this is a chance of a lifetime and everyone is going to be there!" She pouted.

"Fine. I'll-"

"Yay! You are the best!" She screamed while hugging me.

 A few people looked in our direction and I blushed insanely.

"Ok, let go Crystal before I reconsider." I said.

She instantly backed away and helped me pick out few nice clothes. I ended up leaving the mall with a bunch of bags from my favorite stores. By the time Crystal dropped me off at my house it was 4:00. I was completely exhausted so I ignored my homework and retreated to my bedroom for a nap.

  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

To all my readers: 

I Hoped you guys liked the first chapter ^_^! There will pictures of all the characters. This chapter's picture is of Sophia Dawson. Don't forget to comment & vote.