Invisibility

Chapter 20:

*Sophia's POV*

I had trigonometry first period. There was only one Barbie in that class: Victoria. The best part was that she never came. She was never good at math so now I guess she never showed up.

I remembered when I used to go over to her house and help her with her math. Her house as big and fancy but it seemed like she wasn't phased by it until we got into high school.

I walked into the class and took my usual seat in the front. I looked around and then was surprised when I saw a foreign face in the trigonometry class:

Victoria was here!

She wore a bittersweet smile on her face as we locked eyes. She was talking with a few people that I didn't know at all. She knew this was my favorite class so why as she trying to make this hell for me?

------------------------

Before the class started, Victoria decided to take a seat right behind me. I wasn't going to let her silly antics ruin my mood so I was going to find a different as far from her as possible but it was too late.

All the seats in the classroom were taken and the bell just rung. I tried to keep my cool as she tapped her high heels on the floor.

Tap, tap, tap.

She knew me too well. I hated sounds that distracted me from my work. It irked me even more that she just had to come and ruin my favorite class.

I twisting my pen in my hand to calm myself down but the tapping just increased and got louder.

Tap, tap, tap.

"Ms. Tirbucio, would you mind telling me why you decided to come to my class today out of all the days and disturb one of my best students?" Mrs. Rivera asked curiously.

"Well, it better to start coming to class then failing without attempting try, right?"

I snorted at Victoria's answer. I knew she couldn't solve a mathematical equation to save her life.

"I guess your right, Victoria." Mrs. Rivera said.

"Wouldn't be the first time some one's told me that." This time I wasn't the only one who laughed at her remark. The whole class laughed but stopped since Victoria was giving bitch glares to everyone around.

"Ok, class take out your not books and copy this problem:

From the top of a 200 meters high building, the angle of depression to the bottom of a second building is 20 degrees. From the same point, the angle of elevation to the top of the second building is 10 degrees. Calculate the height of the second building.

I quickly copied the problem and go to work on solving the problem.

The diagram below show the two buildings and the angles of depression and elevation. So far this is what I wrote:

tan(20o) = 200 / L

L = 200 / tan(20o)

tan(10o) = H2 / L

H2 = L * tan(10o)

= 200 * tan(10o) / tan(20o)

Height of second building = 200 + 200 * tan(10o) / tan(20o)

I was almost done with the problem but I stopped when I heard Victoria loudly chewing her gum. She sounded completely disgusting. Then, I turned to face her.

"Can you please stop," I whispered.

"No, I won't give you any drugs," she said loud enough for the class to hear.