A Dance with the Devil

Chapter 7:

After 'Pierce the veil' left the stage, a few other bands and artists came on stage. I saw Alicia Keys, Drake, Adele, Sleeping with the Sirens and other bands. The only artist I haven't heard from was Bruno Mars. So I waited patiently while dancing with Crystal and Harvey.

I went to the food table and grabbed one of my brownies. After I finished my snack, I tried to find my friends but sadly failed so I just stood in the middle of the crowd swaying to the sounds of the music. Suddenly, they announced that Bruno Mars was going to play so I screamed a high-pitch girly squeal which was so unlike me but I did it anyways.

Bruno began to sing a few songs like: 'locked out of heaven' and 'grenade'. Then before Bruno sung his next song he spoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you've been one of the best audiences I've preformed for. Now next we have a slow song so grab the person nearest to you. He then began to play ' It will rain', aka my favorite song. I just swayed by myself until someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards them. I landed in front of a wall of muscle and when I looked up those green eyes stared back down at me.

"May I have this dance?" Alex asked.

I didn't want to make a scene so I just said 'yes'. After all it was just one dance. He placed his hands on my waist and I put my arms around his neck. I took a deep breath and breathed in his cologne. He smelled like cinnamon and pine trees. A weird mixture but somehow it made sense to me.

"You look beautiful," he whispered in my ear.

"You don't look too bad either," I said in a guarded tone.

He looked down into my eyes as if he were searching for something. I stared back and have him a shy smile. Then I caught myself. What was I doing? This Alex Dawson not some other ordinary guy. He was a player and I had proof. He met my eyes and have me his dazzling smile. I almost fell under his influence. I almost gave into those sparkling eyes-

NO! What the heck was I thinking?! Alex used that same smile and those eyes to trick other girls into his bedroom. But not me. This chain of pain stopped here because this time Alex won't be getting what he wants. I won't let him hurt me. I'm just not that stupid to fall into the arms of the school's infamous player.

I was deep in thought and didn't realize the song was over until Alex spoke.

"I knew you couldn't resist me," he whispered in my ear.

As if his words were a bucket of cold water I jumped out of his arms. I tried to give him my bitch glare but I guess it didn't work since he just laughed. A dude came up to Alex and laughed with him. I recognized him from the cafeteria his name was Taylor Gray, Alex's best friend.

I watched them laugh and then Taylor finally spoke:

"Man, I didn't think that you'd actually do it."

"Didn't I tell you I'm the King of dares."

My heart dropped as I realized that everything that just happened was just dare. Then to make matters worse, a girl with platinum blonde hair in a skimpy black dress walked up to Alex and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Hey babe," the blonde said.

Alex returned the kiss and I just stood there gaping with my mouth open. Then some common sense hit me and I walked away with the shattered remains of my heart.

"Bye, Sophia," Alex said in a mocking tone.

I turned around and went search for Harvey and Crystal. I don't know why but on instinct I looked back and as soon as Alex eyes connected with mine he gave the blonde long kiss on the lips.

I turned back around as a few tears streamed down my cheek. I never knew Alex could be this cruel and flaunt that other girl in front of me. I wiped my tears and ignored my thoughts of that jerk an focused on finding Crystal and Harvey.

I was lost in my thoughts when someone grabbed my arm and dragged me towards them. It was Harvey.

"C'mon your going to miss the fireworks!" He said. I quickly wiped my tears and followed Harvey.

Crystal and Katilyn were sitting on a picnic blanket and we joined them.

"Where were-" Crystal started but she was cut off by the sounds of the fireworks. I laid on the blanket and stared at the display of perfect vibrant colors in the sky.

"Wow," I mumbled in awe.

After the Fireworks were gone, we bid each other goodbye and piled into our cars. The ride home with Katilyn was quiet but I cherished the silence. I leaned my head against the car window and fell asleep. I didn't want to think about it but before I slept I thought about Alex and I when we shared that dance. I loved the way I melted into his arms and his green eyes were unforgettable. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get my mind off of that crazy, jerk Alex.

When Katilyn and I got home, I went straight upstairs to my bedroom, brushed my teeth, and crawled into my bed. When sleep took over I dreamt about Alex. I didn't want to but I did. I wanted to hate Alex for hurting me and flaunting that blonde in high heels. Instead of hating him I dreamt about his eyes and his irresistible scent that danced around my nose when he pulled me into his arms. This is becoming a huge problem I can't fall for the school's player. I just can't......

-----------------------------------------

To My Lovely Readers:

There's a picture of Sophia with her make up on and Sophia's favorite song ' It will Rain' by Bruno Mars.