Bullying attempts

Chapter 10:

I woke up because of the sounds of the shower running. I assumed it was just Crystal so I got up and went to my closet to pick out an outfit. I dug through one of my shopping bags from yesterday and found exactly what I wanted. I pulled out the black jeans with white stitchings, a navy blue long sleeved shirt with the words 'ooh la la' printed in white on the front of the shirt, and a black beret. When finished I picking out my clothes Crystal came out of the shower.

"Good Morning, Sleeping Beauty. I was just about to wake you up but it seems like you have everything under control."

"Yeah, whateve.r"

"Well something is just telling me you're not a morning person. I wonder what is it the droopy eyes or the fact that you can't speak into a full sentence."

I covered my ears and said, "Blah blah blah, I can't hear you!"

I locked the bathroom door and walked into my shower. The warm water was practically calling my body and when I went inside of it I felt renewed. Abruptly, Crystal banged on the door of the bathroom.

"Hurry up, you're going to make us late," she yelled.

I almost forgot the purpose of getting up early and I turned off the water with an audible sigh. When I get home from school i'll just take a long bath with no interruptions.

I got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. I quickly organized the room and headed downstairs. I grabbed a light coat and my house key and bolted through the door. Crystal was already seated in her car and I could tell that her hand was just itching to honk the car horn. Luckily, I gave her my 'don't you dare' so she decided against it.

As soon as, I got into the car I realized that I left my bag.

"Crystal, you have to turn around I left my bag,"

"No, you didn't you left it in my car last Friday and I forgot to give it back to you."

"Thanks for holding onto it."

I reached into the back seat and grabbed my black messenger bag. I checked to make sure if I did all of my homework assignments. Then I remembered that Alex and I still hadn't picked a person for our English project. During my free period I would go to the library and research the person I wanted.

"Sophia, we're here,"Crystal said with a look of false disappointment on her face but her smile gave her away.

"Oh, sorry. What do you have first period?" I asked as we walked to the school's entrance.

"I have Chemistry with Mr. Johnson." She said as she scrunched up her nose in disgust.

Mr. Johnson wasn't that bad of a teacher. His intentions were good but his smell was terrible. I'm surprised that the principal hasn't fired him or something because he smells of foul rotten sewage. I'm not trying to be insulting but if you were to put a pile of raw sewage on top of his desk I'm absolutely sure that the smell would be compatible with Mr. Johnson's stench.

"Good luck!" I told her as we parted our ways. I had Trigonometry first and it was one of my favorite classes. The teacher was Mrs. Rivera. She was fair, reasonable lady and she referred to me as her 'star student'. I was supposed to take geometry with the sophomores but my old teacher Ms. Smith thought that the class was too easy for me so they made me take trig with the juniors. I admit I sometimes feel out of place in the junior class but I've kind of gotten used to it.

I went to my locker and grabbed my Trigonometry textbook. I sprinted down the halls and got to class before the bell rang. I sat down in my usual seat, right in front of the board.

"Good Morning, everyone," Mrs. Rivera greeted.

"Everyone flip to page 409 and solve questions one and two. I'll give you 7 minutes."

I got out my notebook and began solving the problems. I finished in record time and sat there awaiting the teacher's instructions. Mrs. Rivera came to check my work since I had my head down. She looked through everything and gave me a thumbs up.

"Ok class times up. Sophia why don't you read and solve the first problem."

"Umm....ok. From the top of a light house 60 meters high with its base at the sea level, the angle of depression of a boat is 15 degrees. What is the distance of boat from the foot of the light house? The solution is Let OA be the height of the light house and B be the position of boat."

"And what formula did use, Sophia?"

"I used tangent."

"Why can't you use cosine?"

"It'd be incorrect because-" I was cut off by the bell and a few students snickered.

"Nerd," I heard someone whisper walking past me. I was going to turn to see who it was but I just simply ignored it and walked to my locker.

There is was a note on it written in red lipstick and it said, 'Maybe if you spent less time studying and more time working on your appearance boys wouldn't be ignoring you and pretending you don't exist'.

I looked around and then I saw a group of girls snickering at me as I read the note. I angrily ripped the note off of my locker and slipped it into my bag.

I walked past the group of girls and then one of them yelled out, "Nerd!"

Then everyone turned their attention towards me. I was being stared at by so many people and it made me nervous. My face flushed a bright scarlet so I ran to the nearest ladies room.

The idea of a hallway full of people made me dump out all of my stomach's contents.

I was there for a few minutes until I was sure that I was done. I stepped out of the stall and rinsed my mouth at the sink. I looked into my reflection and saw that I was as pale as a ghost but I didn't have any make up so I'd look like that until I found Crystal. Before I left the restroom, I popped 2 sticks of gum in my mouth to get rid of a horrid smell that I was sure would be in my mouth after dry-heaving. Then I checked the hall ways to make sure that no one else was lingering.