YOU vs ME

"I am... I am getting promoted as the new Chief Architect of the PARK CONSTRUCTIONS," your voice raises a little in excitement as you smile so brightly announcing the news to him.

"Okay."

One word. That one word was enough to destroy every amount of happiness you had. That one word could have been Good, Nice, Congrats, Keep it up. But it had to be 'okay'... okay to break you.

His voice placed a large rock in your throat which you find hard to swallow or even breath to survive. Holding it together, you lay down with duvets covering you till your head. The moment duvets covers darkness on you, a long breath escapes your lips with warm tears streaming down yiur cheeks. Biting the lower lip you control any noise coming from your mug.

You weren't weak. You've handled him earlier too. And you would do this time too. By softly turning yourself in the pillow, you allow yourself to rest, to take breaths in a silent way.

Morning

The day started as usual as the sun rose but you weren't the same Y/n. You have had enough of him. You don't care now, you did care but you have to show him that you don't care. You were so busy in yourself and getting lunch box ready that you forgot the devil was already in the kitchen.

Taehyung pulls his chair out to take a seat. Each morning he has his place filled with some snack, a nourishing breakfast with almond milk. But today he had none. Squinting his eyes a little he shifts his gaze towards you. You swayed your body from one to another side while trying to catch things. His eyes lock on your figure as he finds you in a hurry. Your high ponytail swayed across your shoulder reaching a little just above your hips. The formals you were wearing were the ones he never noticed. If he thinks a little he never noticed any dress of yours.

"Hmmm..." he clears his throat, trying to catch your attention. And how can he not. Even his little voice from miles can call you and you'll be there.

That's how love is. Thats how it works. That's what you did.

"I didn't make breakfast today," saying nothing more, you leave the kitchen. Not even for a second you paid a glance at him. He was shocked, probably more than that. The embarrassment you left on his face was unmatchable.

Tit for tat

Now he gets that. It wasn't even one percent of how he treated you and he knew that somewhere in his last end of heart, but the irony was he kept that last door closed always.

"I see..." he mumbles, chewing his inner cheek. Stretching his neck, he grabs his coat and bag before leaving house. And his ego was so high that he didnt even spare himself to turn and look at you. You were standing there just to hear something from him... but you didn't.

"Never come back, please," your heart aches as you stutter but you weren't going back to him.

Were you?

Time skips to office hour

"Good morning," the security guard wishes you as you pass him and you just bow your head to him. You didn't have energy to speak today. And that made him feel a little different as he or anyone knows your kind and goofy nature.

"Jihoo, please give me updates regarding Sohyeon office space renovation. I need to submit the final report before the weekend," you quote in a strict tone as you enter the office, passing Jihoo.

"Yes, ma'am, " she responds.

Pasing the cabins, you reach yours. Pushing open the glass door, you find yourself in your small room. Room which gives you peace, which gives you a relief that even when everything is gone you have your talent, your something which can never be taken away from you.