HEARING -1

"He was cheating on my client, Mrs. Kim Y/n with his high school ex girlfriend who is now his girlfriend again. He not only ruined her mental peace but also her physical health. She lost control over herself due to the ill treatment. She lost her promotion due to him and she was thrown out of the only job she has just because of him…" he halts, taking a huge breath in his lungs. He needed to speak everything out before Taehyung's lawyer cut his talk.

Your palms sweat as you hear him, making you close your eyes. He was fighting for you but his words were reminding you of how Taehyung broke you. You didn't want to remember. You don't want to think about her. She was everything that made his life beautiful and everything that made your life miserable. But how could you blame her when Taehyung was primarily at fault?

“I apologise to interrupt Mr. Choi but if she was ill treated to the extent she was thrown out of her job… she could have found a new job but that will happen based on talent, yeah!” The old man chuckles, turning around to throw a glance at you. To your defense you had to stay strong, hence you didn't even blink when his eyes caught your gaze.

“Your honour, that is clearly an insulting statement towards my client,” Mr. Choi decided to invade his fake smiling session and destroy it with his every bit of knowledge.

“Mr. Jung, please mind your words in the session of court. I shall not allow it to pass again in my presence,” judge announces through his bittersweet tone, making Taehyung's lawyer bow in apology.

“If you may allow me, your honour then I would like to call Mr. Taehyung for a few questions,” Mr. Choi concludes and turns around to call Taehyung after getting permission from the Judge.

The love you had in your heart was actually bigger than anger and hatred towards him. And maybe that's why, when you moved your eyes to him, you found it hard to look at him. It was difficult to see him and not feel all those feelings in your heart.

He was still ruling your heart, your soul. His presence made you uncomfortable yet so comfortable to be around. Unnoticed by him, your eyes shed a few tears again for him, due to him. You hated it. He was the sin you did to get pure, he was the promise you never made, he was the white blind sheet yet you saw the colour within, he was dead yet you saw the soul within him, he was the mistake you felt proud of, he was the dream you never slept to watch, he was the destination you never walked to reach.

“So, Mr. Taehyung… answer my questions, honestly, please. In the three year span of marriage did you ever give a chance to Y/n?” Mr. Choi questions him, catching you back in your senses.

Huffing a long breath through your lips, you compose yourself.

“I. I tried. But we were completely opposite. She wanted me to be with her all the time, be with her, give her time, love her. And I couldn't. I had my businesses, I had my mom and dad to take care of. Her extreme care and love made me feel suffocated, and to be honest… it's the only reason I couldn't make it work,” he concludes, lying so perfectly that even you doubted yourself for once.

“To be noted by my honesty, he accepts that she was taking his care and loved him. And now that we are at this point… Mr. Taehyung, why didn't you ever try to talk it out to her that you feel suffocated and you don't like how she treats you?” He questions Taehyung further, making your husband hesitate and pass the lump down his throat. While it makes you chuckle in sarcasm, Taehyung's gaze lands over your figure. You protected him always by everyone and somewhere it was the only reason he wanted you to stand for him, beside him. You couldn't look into his eyes as you turned your face towards the judge.

Understanding your anger, your rage, your sorrow he decides to answer by composing himself.

“There was no point in discussing it with her. She always did what she wanted. She never listened to what I wanted, she did what SHE thought was best for me… huh,” he announces as an egoistic noise follows through his mouth.