Kippei Tachibana - Little Sister

She pressed her cheeks against her palm, observing clouds oscillating in its blue background. Suddenly, she felt her heart tighten so she shut her eyes in pain.

"Y/n-chan? Are you listening?"

"Ah? Sorry, An-chan..."

"I've been wondering, what's bothering you? You're spacing out a lot."

"Oh, it's nothing."

"You can tell me your problems."

She sighed and shook her head to signal that, she is fine. Nothing bothers her at all. Ann rose an eyebrow but chose to ignore it.

"Hey, An."

"Ah! Brother!"

"Hey, L/n."

And there it is, her feeling's stubbornness betrayed her as how quickly she reacted to the Fudomine's captain. She sheepishly murmured a greeting to hide her enthusiasm when he is around, and to prevent unexpected things she can do that'll reveal her secret.

"What are you doing here, brother?"

"Just happened to pass by, and then I saw you both so I greeted."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, anyways that's all. I'm going now."

"Okay! See you later!"

"Bye An, bye L/n."

The (h/c) female only watched him walk away, his figure getting smaller and smaller. He really is something, and that's what made him special.

"Y/n-chan! Our class is going to start!"

"You're right! I'll go now, see you later!" And thus, both of them went to their classes.

-

"Here you go."

"Thanks, L/n."

Kamio chugged on his water, letting out a breath of refreshment. Tachibana praised the team to raise their spirits and dismissed them.

"L/n, you're doing a great job."

Her face turned red and avoided eye contact. He was so attentive and kind. That's what she thought. Not just that but there are also many good things to evaluate Tachibana in her perspective.

"Thank you...Tachibana-san."

"You're only a 2nd year and you're really good at handling us." He zipped his bag close and slung them in his arms.

"I...It's nothing much!"

"Hehe, where's An by the way?"

"Oh, she went home early to finish something."

"Then who will walk you home?"

"I'll go alone, I guess."

"Hahaha, I'm going with you."

"Really?! I mean, is that okay?"

"Sure, but only on halfway."

"Thank you!"

She ran beside him, utterly delighted. Though she cannot deny that she is nervous. She must not be careless at this point. Somehow, there's this feeling she should do it, confess. Yet the whole affair turned out to be a mere, normal conversation. Just suggesting topics, and so on which is much to her disappointment.

She went home, and did the usual routine before heading to her bed, arms lying across her forehead. What aggravated her is she can't spill everything out. She doesn't know how to romanticize the moment when she's alone with him, by chance or purpose. Neither of her plans worked, nor others' advice.