Keigo Atobe - Falling Apart

Atobe laid his head on her lap, staring at his garden, devoid of any emotions. Silence plagued them while keeping each other's presence.

He looked at her, her bangs shadowing her eyes. Despite not wanting to move even a single inch, he brushed off her hair and cupped her face.

"Why are you making that face ahn~?"

"Keigo..."

She held his hand and pressed her cheeks more into his hand. His expression soften and gently smiled, his thumb wiping her tears.

"Don't worry...ore-sama will do something about it, okay?"

Y/n's heart ached even more. The thought of sacrificing his own needs for her made her more guilty.

She loves him more than anything.

Losing him will be the cause of her depression, or nothingness, a metaphorical statement she always thinks of.

But every relationship always has its struggles. Will they survive it? CAN they survive it?

Atobe rose up and hugged her tightly, kissing her forehead which is also considered as reassurance. She wrapped her arms around his torso and inhaled the scent of his cologne.

"Now, now. Don't cry okay?"

"Hm..."

He took her hand and kissed her knuckles, making her smile.

"Let's fight for our relationship, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Hm~? I can't hear you~"

"I will fight for our relationship...!" She exclaimed, posing a victory pose.

"That's my girl."

-

The whole week, both of them avoided each other for publicity but when they were in private, they showed the affection they are yearning for.

Y/n has her back leaning against Atobe's arms, helping him organize the 200 members of Hyotei's tennis club.

"I'm almost done."

"Me too."

"Then..."

"Hm? What is it?" Y/n stared curiously, his face getting a bit redder.

"Let's cuddle afterward."

"Eh? What did you say?"

"Let's cuddle afterward."

She knew what he said, but she made him repeat it to make sure and he replied so casually as if both of them have done it before.

She shyly nodded and avoided eye contact.

'Seriously...?'

Atobe stretched his arms, causing Y/n to move. He watched her saving the documents in separate folders and typing their titles.

"You done?"

"Not yet."

"Hm..."

"They're too many you know? I really can't believe that you have the ability to remember them all."

She chuckled and continued, "I even mistook Mukahi as that one guy from Rikkaidai, geez. How embarrassing."

The smile on her face didn't leave, remembering a cringe-worthy memory. She heard Atobe's laughter which made her pout.

"I think it's adorable."

"Hm."

He took the laptop away from her and turned it off, "Come on, let's go."