Kuwahara Jackal - Valentine's Day

A tired sigh slip from him as he can barely drag himself out of his house. He fixed his bag slinging on his shoulders, attempting to ignore everyone's glee.

Valentine's Day isn't really exciting. It depends on the person but for him, it's just an occasion where you'll receive sweets from females (maybe males) and that's all. Confession often happens as well but only for the lucky ones.

"Oi! Jackal!" A familiar voice called out to him. He turned around to see the redhead almost jumping as he ran to Kuwahara.

"You know what today is?"

The male only shook his head, face distorted, and answered, "It's Valentine's Day."

"Correct! Ah~ I can't wait to receive mountains of sweets again!"

Marui clasped his hands behind his head, grinning from ear to ear. Kuwahara once again shook his head, sweatdropping.

This very one-day event will eventually end anyways.

But damn, how come his teammates get bundles and bundles of them? Do they eat them in a day? Or day by day?

As they went near their school, Marui couldn't help but skip happily inside. Kuwahara decided not to follow him and went straight to his class after changing his shoes into indoor shoes.

He pulled his chair and saw obligatory chocolates on his desk. Yet his expression never changed when he pulled them out.

"They're all obligatory chocolates..."

With his unenthusiastic voice, he scanned the cheap boxes before shoving them into his bag. At least he received some.

He'll definitely give them presents on white day.

Finally sitting down, he watched how his classmates feast on the chocolates they received.

Eyes traveling around in bore, he always wonders, is he going to get fancy ones next time?

It's always the guys who idolize him but he's not sure about girls. Well, given that he only received obligatory chocolates, he guess that they just think that he was a cool senpai. But at least can they appreciate how he watches over his junior only to get punched by Sanada?

For the love of God, he wishes that everyone can settle down when the teacher arrives.

-

Lunch arrived and his friend came over to his room to pick him up, or maybe boast about how many chocolates he got.

Kuwahara didn't even bother to listen to him. He has no idea what type of sweets Marui got.

"I also got mont blanc and cream puff." Marui draws out boxes of sweets, showing them off to Jackal.

"Where are we going anyways...?" Jackal lazily asked the bubbly tennis player beside him.

"To the tennis club!"

"Eh? Why?"

"Yukimura wants to see everyone!"

"You mean, he wants to see how many chocolates we all got?"

"Hehehe maybe."

"Is it okay if I pass?"

"Nope, we're already near! Come on Jackal!"

He can only sigh when they're in the clubroom. As they slid the door open, the ex-regulars gathered inside with bags of chocolates in their hands.

Kuwahara shook his head. Seeing some of them even look expensive.

"Ah, hello Marui, Jackal." The former captain greeted them with his usual ambiguous smile.

"Yo, Yukimura!"