Gakuto Mukahi - Runaways

"Y/n..."

His dad called out her daughter's name quietly. She wiped her wet hands since she just washed dishes and sat in front of her father, not speaking as she knew if he's being like this, it'll be a weighty discussion. Her mother is beside him, holding his hand, face stained with seriousness.

She clasped the hem of her shorts and tilted her head, "What is it?"

Her parents shared looks until her father let out a loud sigh filled with uncertainty. He scanned his daughter and shook his head, gesturing to his wife that he can't unfold the news. She rubbed his arms and diverted her attention to Y/n, lips forming into a thin line. She got no choice but to tell her considering that their business partners needed the answer right away.

"Y/n...sweetie, you're getting...engage at eighteen."

She squinted her eyes, processing what her mother announced, "What?"

"Y-you're getting engaged."

"Wait what?"

"I said, you're getting-"

"Why? Will you please give me an acceptable reason?"

"Y/n, this will be the chance to make our company large, if you marry that young man in the future, our company will be introduced in America."

"No."

"Y/n...please."

"I said no!"

"Don't raise a tone on us, young lady." His dad warned as she soughed in disbelief.

"Hah?! Neither of you didn't even pay attention to me! I know! I get spoiled too much, you gave me anything I want except time and affection!"

Her parents harkened at her rants with brows furrowed and as much to their dismay, Y/n did disagree.

"All you both ever did was control me and use me! I already did what you both wanted! Studying hard, keeping myself in the top rankings of the school, abandoning my dreams but this?! Bullshit!"

"Don't you dare curse on us!"

"..."

"And you're answering back too, huh?! Where did you learn that from?!"

His dad is now behind her mother, holding her shoulder to calm her down.

No answer left her mouth as she abruptly turned on her heels and ran away, pushing the enormous door open. She heard them call out to her but at this point, she doesn't care anymore, whether they'll chase her or not.

Her bare feet didn't stop until she get fully away from them, stones causing more painful wounds. She wiped her tears, dampening her cheeks.

Finally, Y/n stopped, panting heavily. Her legs wobbled as she faltered in exhaustion.

"Hah...hah...I'm beat..."

"Y/n?"

She looked up and saw a familiar, small male staring down at her pitiful figure. Y/n rose an eyebrow.

"Mukahi?"

"Oui! What happened to you?! Don't sit down there! It's dirty!"

"O-oh..." Her eyes widened when he extended his arms for her to reach. She mumbled out a 'thank you' and accepted it.

"It's already 9 pm, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Ah, It's nothing, how about you? You can't exercise at night."

"I'm not exercising, geez."

"Eh? But you seem so tired."

"I...ran away from home..."